Votes: 141 88.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 11.3%

• Total voters

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just out of interest and nosiness, who on here was watching Brighton when Deano was playing - and you best Deano moment.

I was, and my bestest Deano moment (and most others I'm guessing) was THAT free-kick against Ipswich.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I remember him. That free-kick HAS to be his best moment.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Do you also remember him playing Malcolm Stuart's testimonial match in 2001 against Charlton? he ran the show.

Even though there are no players from when he played for the club still there now, he is still known by the staff (mainly behind his back) as 'Wendy'.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
pasty said:

I was, and my bestest Deano moment (and most others I'm guessing) was THAT free-kick against Ipswich.

You've just posted the answer for just about everyone who saw him play

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Yes, he was good. Too often - as with so many other players - got a certain amount of stick for not being a thug who kicks people for a living.

But I missed THAT free kick, being 200 miles away at uni at the time. :(

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He had a lovely left foot but wasn't much of a tackler, in fact I can't remember him EVER winning a tackle. And if I remember correctly he was one of the slowest players to have ever set foot on the goldstone's fair turf.

Still, his free kicks were nifty and that one against Ipswich was sublime, one of my top three albion moments.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I remember him. I also remember he got abuse from the crowd so when the fans turn on him he will at least be used to it.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yeah, can't recall a fav moment as I was a youngster but remember everyone going Deano Deano Deano when we had a free-kick.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Does he mind the 'Wendy' name?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BarrelofFun said:
Yes. He was one of my favourite players along with Peter Smith and Clive Walker.

The free kick was my favourite moment - by a country mile.

How weird, they were 2 of my favourite players. Although no one beats Codner.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I remember an amazing volley against (I think) Leicester. Someone chipped it to him on the edge of the area from a corner and he hit a screaming volley that was heading towards the top corner until the keeper at full stretch just pushed it away.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Les Biehn said:
How weird, they were 2 of my favourite players. Although no one beats Codner.

But he might very well beat you (allegedely).

Smith wasn't great, but I loved his gangly frame and watching him charged around like a headless chicken. He fully deserved his player of the season.

Super Clivey Walker. What can you say!!? I saw him interviewed a couple or maybe 5 years ago when he was in the first round of the FA Cup with Woking at the grand old age of 42. His 24th FA cup or thereabouts...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here