Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean White backs Murr*y

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
From the Arsegas:

"Assistant boss Dean White intervened and had a few words with the supporters in question."

Dear Dean,

I'd suggest that considering you are very fortunate to have a job in football at all, let alone at the Albion, that you avoid intervening when supporters react to a player's blatant lack of respect.

Just concentrate on counting your chickens.

Mr A Supporter

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I bet Dean White just wishes someone else did that for him last season when everyone wanted the backroom staff out.

:jester:

No More Geese

Feb 22, 2009
London
Couldn't agree more. Murray knew exactly what he was doing when he blanked the away fans today. If White thinks that Murray deserves any respect after 2 transfer requests and the sheer lack off effort he's put in for the first 2 games, it just shows how out of touch he is with this club.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
From the Arsegas:

"Assistant boss Dean White intervened and had a few words with the supporters in question."

Dear Dean,

I'd suggest that considering you are very fortunate to have a job in football at all, let alone at the Albion, that you avoid intervening when supporters react to a player's blatant lack of respect.

Mr A Supporter

:thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
At least Dean White was prepared to talk to the supporter despite the steward trying to prevent him coming over.

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
From the Arsegas:

Dear Dean,

Mr A Supporter

Perhaps some of the supporters that he "had a few words with" would like to enlighten us as to what he actually said. Nowhere have I see it said that he supported or excused Murray. I would also be interested in Adam El-bad's reaction - DW pulled him away before "intervening"

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It was only a handfull of supporters, according to the official site.

My f***ing arse, it was all of them that were there. Murray is a Wanker, f*** off now.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I was the one who spoke to El-Abd, and I also heard all of what Dean White said.

To clarify, El-Abd came towards us at the end as if to find out why we were heckling. So I explained what Murray had done and El-Abd for his part listened and then shrugged before walking off.

As for Dean White. Fair play to him for coming over and speaking to the fans about it. He was just basically doing a calming down job on one of the fans by saying "I understand what you are saying" and "that's a fair point" etc etc.

Probably the most genius comment that White made was "Ok, I'll tell you something now. It's because he has got an operation on Tuesday." Obviously this prevented Murray from moving his hands in a clapping motion!

Hope that clears it up a bit.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Probably the most genius comment that White made was "Ok, I'll tell you something now. It's because he has got an operation on Tuesday." Obviously this prevented Murray from moving his hands in a clapping motion!

Hope that clears it up a bit.

ok - doesn't stop him from clapping, but might explain his quick exit. If a player's carrying an injury, they'd normally be expected back in the dressing room asap to start treatment.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
ok - doesn't stop him from clapping, but might explain his quick exit. If a player's carrying an injury, they'd normally be expected back in the dressing room asap to start treatment.

But he didn't even so much as LOOK at us! And we had clapped him all the way from the other half of the pitch it was a fantastic ovation.

No excuses, it was a poor show from him.

A lot of our support seem rather confused.
We have staff who bleed the stripes, and we have had players who only ever wanted to play for The Albion - vilified, insulted, blamed.

We have a player who doesn't really want to be here, he plays and does try to do his job even when apparently injured.
So - he can eff off now because he doesn't display false feelings to our fans after games.
So what, he's supposed to do a Sol and kiss the badge, say he'll die for The Albion ....and then sign for another club in a week or two??

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
From the Arsegas:

Dear Dean,

Mr A Supporter

That article is ridiculous. I doubt Dean White had a go at the fan and supported Murray. All I imagine he was saying was that booing him was not doing any good. I was in the upstairs section yesterday and we came down and saw some fans having a go. As much as I share the frustration with Murray and am very annoyed with what he did yesterday, booing him will not help Murray (let the club deal with him) or the rest of the players so Dean White was right.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Couldn't agree more. Murray knew exactly what he was doing when he blanked the away fans today. If White thinks that Murray deserves any respect after 2 transfer requests and the sheer lack off effort he's put in for the first 2 games, it just shows how out of touch he is with this club.

That's complete crap. I doubt he was happy with Murray's reaction at the end and Slade must have known he wasn't in the huddle. However, these things are dealt with behind closed doors and should be kept that way rather than in a public setting. Some of the things people were shouting yesterday, you would have thought he had murdered someone rather than what he actually did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here