Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
How did he play today?

I've always rated him and he has got to be a better bet in midfield than playing Hinshelwood out of position.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He played very well booked for having the ball kicked at him when a free kick awarded against us.

FFS that so annoys me :angry: :angry: :angry:

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
fatboy said:
How did he play today?

I've always rated him and he has got to be a better bet in midfield than playing Hinshelwood out of position.

I would go along with that.

I thought he had a good game today.

It was the first time i had seen him play.:clap:

Tighe11

Nov 15, 2003
Brighton
I thought we should get rid of him cause he never plays so we where wasting money but now he has played he is worth the money and we should definently keep him and move oatway on.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Tighe11 said:
I thought we should get rid of him cause he never plays so we where wasting money but now he has played he is worth the money and we should definently keep him and move oatway on.

Hammond looked the part today. I agree with the comment about Charlie. It's time to look to the future.

:wave:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I've always been impressed by Hammond when I've seen him play, always looks like he wants to pass the ball, and with Nicolas who does likewise, we have two semi-creative players who can tackle a bit as well. Hopefully when Chippy gets back, he'll play understudy or rotate with Nicolas

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Thought he took some time picking up the pace, but once he did he gave a pretty good account of himself.

He certainly got stuck in - it helps that he's quite a big bloke.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Totally agree with what has been said. he looked a lot more comfortable in the middle of the park than any of the defenders we have played there. On another note, has anyone found out what has happened to Reid ? is he playing for the reserves or has he vanished

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I thought Reid had an injury

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Thanks Yorkie. I had not heard anything and thought he might have done a Boogers on us:lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
According to the Sport Argus he is fit and playing for the reserves.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Beach Hut said:
He played very well booked for having the ball kicked at him when a free kick awarded against us.

That was entirely his own fault.
He saw Leon get booked two minutes earlier for obstructing a free kick and then does exactly the same thing, with a ref as consistent as Mr Taylor he shouldn't have been suprised. He claimed that he was walking away but he went and delayed the kick in the first place.

We picked up three stupid bookings today - Virgs for dissent in the last minute wasn't very clever.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Inkerman said:
That was entirely his own fault.
He saw Leon get booked two minutes earlier for obstructing a free kick and then does exactly the same thing, with a ref as consistent as Mr Taylor he shouldn't have been suprised. He claimed that he was walking away but he went and delayed the kick in the first place.

We picked up three stupid bookings today - Virgs for dissent in the last minute wasn't very clever.

Utter nonsense. The Preston player smacked the ball straight at him as soon as the ref gave the free kick. Hammond simply didn't have time to get out of the way, and to book him for that when the PNE player clearly intended to kick it straight at him was a ridiculous decision. Mr Taylor had a total shocker yesterday; he seems to lack anything resembling common sense or indeed eyesight. His linesmen and the 4th official were no better either. But, we did win so perhaps I shouldn't be so negative. Hammond had an excellent game IMO, should keep his place & get a new contract if he can keep up anything like that form

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hammond always looked good when hinshlewood played him for the few games 2 seasons ago, then he just vanished when coppell came in. good to see him back. he should keep his place

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
kinkygerbil said:
i would keep hinsh at rb

Can't agree. Hinsh (like Harding) were too often caught out by the wingers. And their wingers weren't that impressive. Having said that, his last ditch tackle towards the end of the game was world-class - even if he did create the situation of letting PNE in the penalty area in the first place.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
I think Hinsh has done all right this season especially being played out of position. However, if the plan is not to play the legend at rb anymore then I would plumb foe El-Abd as he is I think the best defender of the 3

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
samparish said:
Utter nonsense. The Preston player smacked the ball straight at him as soon as the ref gave the free kick. Hammond simply didn't have time to get out of the way, and to book him for that when the PNE player clearly intended to kick it straight at him was a ridiculous decision.

I haven't seen it again on TV but my impression was that Dean took two steps towards the ball and then turned to walk away, intentionally delaying the kick. If this is right then he deserved to get booked although generally refs don't for this.
I have got annoyed with opposition players doing thid to us many times and with the ref for doing absolutely nothing.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Inkerman said:
I haven't seen it again on TV but my impression was that Dean took two steps towards the ball and then turned to walk away, intentionally delaying the kick.
I agree with your reading of this. Their player contributed by hitting it at him but it was a stupid booking after Leon's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here