• Yes

Votes: 55 8.7%
  • No

Votes: 577 91.3%

• Total voters

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I honestly wouldn't join a main rival - if i was a footballer. Honest truth. Easy to say I know etc...

If I played for Sheff weds I would never join Sheff Utd direct from there regardless of money. Anyone but palace...

Sorry to chip in, but if you won a professional contract at Wednesday for example and Sheffield United offered to more than double your wages and you had a wife and kid. You'd turn it down?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
How do you know he had options? He's done absolutely nothing wrong, IMO. Plus he was GOOD when he was here.

Conversely, Hammond was totally anonymous in our midfield whenever I saw him, and acted like a total tool when he scored against us. He is a prick and I hope we don't offer him a contract when this one comes up.

This on both counts.

I'm sure he must have improved to captain Saints last season but in the games I saw last season he looked as ineffective as I remember as the game passed him by.

Also Hammond seems to still be claiming to be an Albion fan

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No.

Perhaps that would be an opinion better formed, AFTER watching him play through this season.

If he contributes posititively to a succesful Albion season, and Gus feels he has plenty to offer, that's all that really matters.

(Oh my! He said f***! Miss. Miss!)

Well he didn't just say f*** did he. he ran the length of the South shouting f***ing Cnuts if my memory serves correctly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well he didn't just say f*** did he. he ran the length of the South shouting f***ing Cnuts if my memory serves correctly.

I think it was 'f*** Off'. Either way, I don't really care, to be honest.

I care that he puts in a load of effort and performs well for us, this season. If it makes a few precious fans feel better about it, have him wear "WANKER" instead of "HAMMOND" on the back of his shirt.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Currently... No: 55
Yes:555

Spooky... this post was brought to you by the number FIVE!

I think it was 'f*** Off'. Either way, I don't really care, to be honest.

I care that he puts in a load of effort and performs well for us, this season. If it makes a few precious fans feel better about it, have him wear "WANKER" instead of "HAMMOND" on the back of his shirt.

Keep your Alan's on, I'm not suggesting he gets booed merely pointing out that he didn't just say f***, he said quite a bit more, at the top of his voice, and the look on his face at the time signified he meant every word.

To be fair though, I was probably calling him much the same at that moment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have no SAUCES - but every team wants a striker. It is unbelievable that the out of contract top scorer for the League One champions did not have a number of clubs after him.

Whatever his options were he felt his family's needs were best served by moving to Palace.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
have him wear "WANKER" instead of "HAMMOND" on the back of his shirt.

This is the best suggestion I have heard all day. Maybe he can have a special shirt made of hair as well?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He tried to hold DK to ransom, at a time when we needed support from those who owed everything to the Albion, he can f*** off. Why let bygones be bygones? He'll be off at the first offer of a bit more wedge, f*** HIM, he will get no support from me, he gave no support to us.

I'm intrigued how you say this with such surety ? I'm not aware there was anything from DK, the club, Hammond or Wilkins about it unless you can direct me otherwise ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry to chip in, but if you won a professional contract at Wednesday for example and Sheffield United offered to more than double your wages and you had a wife and kid. You'd turn it down?

If i'd been playing for Weds for a few yrs yeh I would. If I was good enough to be offered double by Utd I'm sure there would be other offers around the same mark if i wanted to leave. Honest.

What's with the Murray love in all of a sudden on here? He's a ****... Had he re-signed then yeh different but he def scored for the SCUM on Sat (twice)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This is the best suggestion I have heard all day. Maybe he can have a special shirt made of hair as well?

Maybe a cape and a moustache to twirl as well in the pre match warm up running round to the kids going mwa haa haaa

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyway, back to Hammond... Surely everyuone deserves a 2nd chance? He's gonna be wearing the stripes and it's up to him to make up his previous twatish behaviour to the fans no?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm intrigued how you say this with such surety ? I'm not aware there was anything from DK, the club, Hammond or Wilkins about it unless you can direct me otherwise ?

In the last 6 months of DHs time at the Albion we regularly sat with DK in the hospitality huts at Withdean. He said on a number of occasions, and not just to me, to the whole table, that DH had asked for more money and a better contract offer. This escalated over the weeks to the point at which Hammonds demands would now make him by far and away the highest paid player in the club, and that the club couldn't afford to pay him that much. DKs response, as he told to us, was that he didn't consider Hammond the best player at the club, therefore was not going to become the highest paid player at the club, he also eluded to the fact that he had told Hammond this. After Hammond had left DK was clearly upset/disappointed, but he reiterated that 1) he didn't think Hammond as good enough to be the highest paid player, 2) the club could not have afforded what he was demanding, 3) Hammond would not back down on his demands at all.

I can only report as I heard, and what a number of people heard sitting at those tables. :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyway, back to Hammond... Surely everyuone deserves a 2nd chance? He's gonna be wearing the stripes and it's up to him to make up his previous twatish behaviour to the fans no?

I agree. But he has not said sorry yet. Besides, actions are better than words and there are some sensible options on here for him to take on board as to how he can endear himself to us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here