Will you boo Dean Hammond?

• Yes

Votes: 55 8.7%
  • No

Votes: 577 91.3%

• Total voters

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Acting like a cock mouthing off to our players after Harding had tried to unjustifiably break CMS leg, he should have had more respect for his fellow professionals. After Withdean you would have thought he would keep his head down!

Ah OK - I miss all this from WSU! Remember Harding throwing his toys after Buckley DESTROYED him...!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hammond prob never thought he would end up back here in some capacity.

Murray on the other hand...with the way he celebrated his goal at the Amex was sheer class.

Mmm I wouldn't say sheer class mate - I'd say it showed class. But joining our rivals for money was the ultimate show of a lack of class!

As for Hammond - I'll give him a 2nd chance - everyone in life deserves a 2nd chance.

Ps - He did indeed shout 'f*** off' at the South stand that night - according to many on here.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It was a metaphoric f*** off admittedly .....................

Based on the square route of f*** all, as per with Murray.

"Oh, he didn't look happy, why doesn't he clap me, etc".

I have a lot more respect for Crystal Palace player Glenn Murray at present than I do Brighton loanee Dean Hammond.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Mmm I wouldn't say sheer class mate - I'd say it showed class. But joining our rivals for money was the ultimate show of a lack of class!

As for Hammond - I'll give him a 2nd chance - everyone in life deserves a 2nd chance.

Ps - He did indeed shout 'f*** off' at the South stand that night - according to many on here.

Joining them for money is entirely justifiable, short earning spam and if they were stupid enough to give him a fat signing on fee and a pay rise, why should he not take it?

If he had joined them, slagged us off and said he was always a Palace fan, that would have been more problematic.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Based on the square route of f*** all, as per with Murray.

"Oh, he didn't look happy, why doesn't he clap me, etc".

I have a lot more respect for Crystal Palace player Glenn Murray at present than I do Brighton loanee Dean Hammond.

I don't give a monkeys about player clapping. As you know - I was talking about the metaphoric f*** off when he chose to join Palace.

If he came back to the Albion - I still would not boo him though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't give a monkeys about player clapping. As you know - I was talking about the metaphoric f*** off when he chose to join Palace.

If he came back to the Albion - I still would not boo him though.

How dare he try to not be BANKRUPT. What a prick eh? He should've had to go homeless I say.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I probably won't boo Hammond - still think he is a bit of a prick though and would rather he was not with us, but no big deal.

Earlybird

Jul 23, 2003
Brighton
I wont boo but I'm really not happy about 'that pose' to the Withdean South Stand.
There was no need for it. I didn't think he'd had 1% of the flack Harding got before that moment
He can win me around but for the now, I wont boo but I wont clap either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Murray saw out his contract and left. And then he did not celebrate when he scored against us. Class is debatable, loyal and diginified is not.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I was pretty disappointed when it was announced he was returning to be honest. The Withdean antics coupled with the manner of his departure, by which I mean publicly stating the club needed to match his ambitions or some such drivel, followed by the signing of Glenn Murray for 300k of TB's cash, and Hammond's exit anyway (to Colchester ffs) didn't leave him near the top of the list of players I would like to see back at the Albion. Having had time to reflect on it though I have discounted the latter grievance on the grounds that I don't really know what was going on behind the scenes, whether DH was agent driven or just "playing the game" in terms of a new deal etc and that we really ought by now to know to pretty much ignore soundbytes fed to the press. God knows why Hammond felt the need to scream obscenities at the South Stand "in celebration" but I am sure we have all instances we regret and if his contrition is genuine and he gives his all then he could be a useful addition. I don't for a second think that he gives a s*** what I think though!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Murray saw out his contract and left. And then he did not celebrate when he scored against us. Class is debatable, loyal and diginified is not.

Loyal = not debatable?!?! U joking? He joined our BIGGEST rivals! Chose any other 90 clubs and yes - no problem...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Joining them for money is entirely justifiable, short earning spam and if they were stupid enough to give him a fat signing on fee and a pay rise, why should he not take it?

If he had joined them, slagged us off and said he was always a Palace fan, that would have been more problematic.

I honestly wouldn't join a main rival - if i was a footballer. Honest truth. Easy to say I know etc...

If I played for Sheff weds I would never join Sheff Utd direct from there regardless of money. Anyone but palace...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Loyal = not debatable?!?! U joking? He joined our BIGGEST rivals! Chose any other 90 clubs and yes - no problem...

He saw out his contract and was free to join which ever team he wanted. Sticking to the agreed terms is loyal in my book. I really do not give two hoots he joined Palace.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is old ground - but what evidence is there to say he would be bankrupt. I am genuinely interested. Murray is a good enough player to have had options. But he chose Palace.
How do you know he had options? He's done absolutely nothing wrong, IMO. Plus he was GOOD when he was here.

Conversely, Hammond was totally anonymous in our midfield whenever I saw him, and acted like a total tool when he scored against us. He is a prick and I hope we don't offer him a contract when this one comes up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Conversely, Hammond was totally anonymous in our midfield whenever I saw him, and acted like a total tool when he scored against us. He is a prick and I hope we don't offer him a contract when this one comes up.

Perhaps that would be an opinion better formed, AFTER watching him play through this season.

If he contributes posititively to a succesful Albion season, and Gus feels he has plenty to offer, that's all that really matters.

(Oh my! He said f***! Miss. Miss!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here