Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Cox

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
No they never!

If Cox had wanted to go out on loan and a club had wanted him then Gus would have let him go. Think about the others he has let go, irrelevant of replacements. Forster, McNulty, Tunnicliffe, Dickinson.

The interest I heard was that Millwall wanted to buy him but he only wanted to go on loan which they didn't want

Well according to Cox on Monday night Millwall wanted him on loan in January, but the Albion blocked it.

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
Good Luck Dean, reckon bournemouth might be interested and wouldnt be a bad move for him... plus good night life for him as well

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Good luck wherever you do end up Dean. Always put in full effort but think his off the pitch lifestyle has probably contributed to his lack of progress on it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks for everything Coxy

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Twas a pleasure sponsoring Cox's shirt for two seasons.

I do know that his one ambition was to play at Falmer for the Albion, something he was desperate for, in fact.

He is a cheeky, gobby shite, but I can take that in return for a decent performance. He was ultimately a bit hit-and-miss, but when he was on form, he could take most defenders in this division. I also felt he never once bottled it or cheated the club when wearing the stripes, which is far more than you could say about some.

The one thing that would really make me appreciate who he has been for this club is that, wherever he goes, he doesn't make back to play against and make a complete cock of himself like Dean Hammond.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Dean Cox , theres only one Dean Cox :thumbsup: i hope he does well elsewhere , he could of been such a better player under Wilkins but oh well .

Feb 14, 2010
"Tiny Cox" was a good player on the ball and he did well with Wilkins as coach, then he fell out with Wilkins. After that the hit and hope football of Adams was never going to suit him. ICox is half a player, has the skill but not at the moment the football brain as he does not run off the ball to create space enough. To be far tho he suffered by having to put up with a hoofing manager (Adams) just at the wrong time for him. Its an important move for him and for English football I hope its a good one. We need more Dean Cox's who can control the ball and less Dean Hammonds or Adam Virgo's who struggle to do so even tho all they do all day is kick a ball around. I also wonder if Cox was a part of the players revolt against Wilkins. If so then hopefully he now understands that he is an employee / contractor and his job is to play football according to his contract.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
all ways liked him as a player still cant believe certain other players were on the bench over dean wish him well with another club will leave me with some great memeries:wrong:

Feb 14, 2010
all ways liked him as a player still cant believe certain other players were on the bench over dean wish him well with another club will leave me with some great memeries:wrong:

yep thee must have been a reason why he didnt make the bench. I wondr if Poyet made a decision that to change the club that was failing then certain players had to go. Not about football but he will have known what happened to Wilkins. I duno if Cox was a part of that little rebellion but if so then its not a surprise

Feb 14, 2010
If so then he would be well advised to keep his head down, keep his mouth shut and get on with becoming a better footballer at his new club. I still believe he has talent, just needs to ru off the ball more and also play a few more simple passes to get himself into better positions to do some damage.If he does all that then some club will have a bargain

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
This could well come back to bite us, as Coxy is a talented player who played well in the last couple of games for the first team and was then inexplicably dropped and has been banging in goals for the ressies ever since.

He is at least league one standard, but too many nights out giving it large on the Broadway have almost certainly been his undoing.

He wanted to play at Falmer. This could be the kick up the arse his career needs and I wish him all the best. I don't think he will have any problem at all getting fixed up with a decent club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here