Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Cox

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
And so sparks a field day for NSC's unrealistic and overly critical masses.

He'll just add to the number of players who are released by their first club but who mature at a different club and return to a good standard. Carlisle released Glenn Murray and probably thought that was it, they were wrong. Cox will mature in a couple of years and come back to bite us. Hopefully he'll celebrate in the Hammond-style and shut a few loud mouthed people up.

All the best, Dean Cox.

This.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've never been convinced he had the right attitude.

An average league 2 player at best.

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
Sad to see him go, on his good days was often the best of the bunch. Certainly gave 100% effort and seemed to care about the club. I wish him the best of luck.

Such a shame that a professional player with professional coaches was allowed to stay a one trick pony - even my son new when Cox was steaming down the left that he was always going to cut in to the right - consequently it only took the oppositions right backs and coaches about 18 months to work it out for themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
arshavin?:thumbsup:

Cox will end up in league 1 as a super sub somewhere probably southampton:D

Arshavin and Messi are both taller than Cox but thats irrelevant. To be as small as Cox you need to be absolute class like who've you mentioned not forgetting Modric, Zola, Maradonna and the whole Arsenal squad. But Cox hasn't got that special class to overcome his physical disadvantages.
How many outstanding league 1 midgits do you see every week?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Arshavin and Messi are both taller than Cox but thats irrelevant. To be as small as Cox you need to be absolute class like who've you mentioned not forgetting Modric, Zola, Maradonna and the whole Arsenal squad. But Cox hasn't got that special class to overcome his physical disadvantages.
How many outstanding league 1 midgits do you see every week?

Messi is smaller than Cox. He is 5.4 I think. Isn't Cox 5.5/6?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I liked him - a player with a bit of character.
Always like to see local players rather than poor imports (Holroyd?) but if we are going places then perhaps it's the way.
After the depressing news about Calderon, seems a downer but it was inevitable.
Never had the talent of Robinson, but Jake was simply not tough enough.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Dean Cox is the reason my boy got into the Albion so he achieved something while he was here - and for that Dean, I thank you.

Good luck in the future, mate. :thumbsup:

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
hopefully a wake up call for Cox that he has got to put the effort in on the training groun and the pitch and not the pubs and clubs; he has the talent to do well but could end up on a slippery slope to eastbourne

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If there was a prize for the least surprising departure this would win.

First of many but who exactly..........................?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Technically a good player but needs to find consistency. For him hopefully this is the kick up the arse he needs to realise he is not as good as he thinks he is and to work on his game and make a successful career for himself.
Personally don't think the team will miss him Bennett is better and if we get Lua Lua on the left would have been no where for him to play

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Millwall wanted him on loan earlier in season but he wasn't allowed to go. It may still be an option. Hope he gets sorted with another club soon.

No they never!

If Cox had wanted to go out on loan and a club had wanted him then Gus would have let him go. Think about the others he has let go, irrelevant of replacements. Forster, McNulty, Tunnicliffe, Dickinson.

The interest I heard was that Millwall wanted to buy him but he only wanted to go on loan which they didn't want

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here