Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dead Deadline Day Thread

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
View attachment 133295

Really thought Wolves would bear with. But I guess she kept falling over too much. Such fun.

:lolol::annoyed:

I have an irrational dislike of that woman but the Mrs thinks she's hilARIOUS. I have to leave the room and go to the shed to hammer nails into my eyeballs when she puts something she's in on the tellybox

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
:lolol::annoyed:

I have an irrational dislike of that woman but the Mrs thinks she's hilARIOUS. I have to leave the room and go to the shed to hammer nails into my eyeballs when she puts something she's in on the tellybox

Luckily, me and the Mrs are on the same page with our dislike for the unfunny Sasquatch.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Hoping Maitland-Niles doesn’t end up at WBA (decent and he’ll improve them playing centre midfield) and King doesn’t go to Fulham (him, Lookman and RLC could be very good but for those wages they’d be mad). Fear we’ll lose a few and Fulham/WBA will get close to us, pressure on then we get a big win after spurning many opportunities. Story of being an Albion fan!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Disappointed not to see any of our youngsters going out on loan today (yes, I do know Molumby went weeks ago)..

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Hoping Maitland-Niles doesn’t end up at WBA (decent and he’ll improve them playing centre midfield) and King doesn’t go to Fulham (him, Lookman and RLC could be very good but for those wages they’d be mad). Fear we’ll lose a few and Fulham/WBA will get close to us, pressure on then we get a big win after spurning many opportunities. Story of being an Albion fan!

Your faith didn't last long?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
One transfer i did notice went on was Will Grigg - really wondered what happened there , was he just lucky that Wigan suited his style ?

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove

Well he did end up going to WBA, at least Josh King went to Everton & not Fulham

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Glad Fulham haven’t got King. Surprised more hadn’t been made of AMN to WBrom after the massive thread in the Summer. New Liverpool lads won’t play Weds you’d think - we have done the biggest deal in the country £ wise I believe!!!!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So do we think Fulham or WBA did enough in the transfer window to see an improvement from them?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
BHA the biggest spenders . . . . Who'd a thunk it. Our loss appears to be comprabale to gate receipt losses, so all things considered not woeful, would love to see other clubs losses. clearly having a big effect on spending.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Very glad Fulham didn't get King.

Don't want them getting a boost

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You've got to say that Big Sam has pulled his usual rabbit out of the hat. Three very decent signings, potentially, and adds serious physicality to a desperately poor WBA team. Will be interesting to see how they get on. Still think they're miles off.

Don't be too sure, they have a better chance of avoiding the drop than Fulham in my opinion.

Whatever you might say about him, Big Sam has a history of successful fire fighting, if they do go down l fancy it won't be my much.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Glad Fulham haven’t got King. Surprised more hadn’t been made of AMN to WBrom after the massive thread in the Summer. New Liverpool lads won’t play Weds you’d think - we have done the biggest deal in the country £ wise I believe!!!!

You obviously weren't watching Jim Shite and 'Arry on SSN last night. After spending an age on Liverpool panic-buying a dude from Preston and getting another fella in on loan as the MAIN STORY, they moved onto their "friend" Big Sam. The two of them – Shite more so – seemed to be flabbergasted at how Allardyce had managed to get "FIVE" players in on deadline day. But then only mentioned AMN – I still don't know who the others were :shrug:

Aside from that, some thoughts about Transfer Deadline Day, after I, for some unknown reason, decided to sit and watch it until after the window SLAMMED shut:

• Probably because this year it's covid-tastic, but the whole thing really is a busted flush. The reporters were nearly all in their front rooms, it looked so amateurish and yet they had to somehow make next to nothing happening sound exciting (see above with the WBA and Liverpool hype).
• One of the biggest dramas seemed to be around Joe Willock posting something on his Insta story about moving to Newcastle (A drum roll, I think), before deleting it. The guy in the North East was doing his best to make it sound like exciting, but then Shite and 'Arry carried on the conversation about it. I mean, what more needs to be said?
• Things were so bad, Shite couldn't even be bothered to don his yellow tie :eek:
• The new Liverpool CB from Preston is seemingly going to be in the England squad soon, according to 'Arry because "Liverpool don't make mistakes in the transfer market". Apart from Minamino, of course, who was shipped out to Southampton.
• One of the most interesting insights in the 'who's had a good window' chat was the fella explaining about Arsenal. I didn't realise, but they've basically shipped out a whole LOAD of players, saved a fortune, got that young kiddie in from Spain and Lil Maty Ryan. I'd laugh if they finished above Spuds now :lolol:
• No mention of Chelsea – probably so that 'Arry wouldn't go off on one about them sacking his nephew.
• Not more than a passing mention of Ecuadorian Moises, certainly Shite and 'Arry weren't going to resort to talking about the business done by #TeamsLikeBrighton (apart from the other Albion, obvs – but then I guess Potter isn't one of their BFFs)
• Window closed at 11 with a shitty 10-second graphical countdown. What happens? Shite asked 'Arry about why/how he was late – I shit you not. (There were roadworks, he couldn't work the sat-nav, so had to call Peter Storrie, if you're a) interested and b) made it this far)

A few hours of my life that I won't get back :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here