Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi was NOT “sacked”

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Probably right. Remember English classes where we watched documentaries on different classes in England and how they dress and talk etc., and then role playing those classes in different social scenarios. Wasn't easy and tbh, not going to lie - all a bit of guesswork. May well be wrong :lol:
On reflection I'd probably say you would be more accurate with Lower Middle Class and Working Class, I think Brighton as an area is not overly well represented at Brighton & Hove Albion, I'd say its more outskirts and the rest of Sussex, as a moot point.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Greenwood wanted by Marseille. Can we all finally agree de zerbi is an asshole ?

Interesting as they seem to be hoovering up players left right and centre. Kone from Watford signing as well.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Greenwood wanted by Marseille. Can we all finally agree de zerbi is an asshole ?

Interesting as they seem to be hoovering up players left right and centre. Kone from Watford signing as well.
I’m sure we’ll find the post from you calling Michel an asshole for taking him on loan at Getafe, right?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
On reflection I'd probably say you would be more accurate with Lower Middle Class and Working Class, I think Brighton as an area is not overly well represented at Brighton & Hove Albion, I'd say its more outskirts and the rest of Sussex, as a moot point.
A lot of Brighton and Hove is populated by people that moved here from elsewhere. Whereas the outskirts and surrounding areas are much more locals and the people that got displaced from Brighton and Hove by those moving in.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
[QUOTE="dwayne, post: 11189302, member: Can we all finally agree de zerbi is an asshole ?

[/QUOTE]

No he’s a Latin, things tend to end badly with them and they are also generally a lot cooler than British managers, quite a few of whom are actually assholes.

Who would have preferred no Gus and no Roberto as Albion managers? Both took us to a different level before their egos got in the way.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He's not that bad, but describe Brighton's fanbase as Upper Middle Class is baffling, certainly in terms of the helmets I see at games.
Yeah the old bloke in front of me yelling at whoever that they are a '****' at the top of his voice is probably not upper middle. Like him though he seems a decent enough chap. And our row may have some aspiring lower middle applicants but we are not wedded enough to our goal as I still seem to receive the raised eyebrows and a soft 'tut' from a true member of the cognoscenti @Harry Wilson's tackle lol!

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Finally found a young player he wants to sign...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah the old bloke in front of me yelling at whoever that they are a '****' at the top of his voice is probably not upper middle. Like him though he seems a decent enough chap. And our row may have some aspiring lower middle applicants but we are not wedded enough to our goal as I still seem to receive the raised eyebrows and a soft 'tut' from a true member of the cognoscenti @Harry Wilson's tackle lol!
"Referee!"

(Not you. It's your brother. Not you. It's your brother. Rinse. Repeat.)

:wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not to clutch pearls too hard but I'm genuinely a bit disappointed to hear about Greenwood to Marseilles, if De Zerbi is on board.

Just me?
I would be if he’d just walked in and said “I want Greenwood”.

But a) he’s not actually confirmed as coach and b) they do their own recruitment (Villas Boas got upset by it in the past)

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

But a) he’s not actually confirmed as coach and b) they do their own recruitment (Villas Boas got upset by it in the past)
I'm reliably informed that De Zerbi would open literally every conversation with anybody he met for the last 8months with "I want to sign Greenwood".

He also pushed to bring Pol Pot in as a defensive coach, and was letting KGB agents couch surf in his flat.

Also he stole Shegar and flogged him to some bloke I met in a kebab shop the other day on his way to Appleby Horse Fair.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I'm reliably informed that De Zerbi would open literally every conversation with anybody he met for the last 8months with "I want to sign Greenwood".

He also pushed to bring Pol Pot in as a defensive coach, and was letting KGB agents couch surf in his flat.

Also he stole Shegar and flogged him to some bloke I met in a kebab shop the other day on his way to Appleby Horse Fair.
That’s not true! Pol Pot is still in hiding

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Shows I haven't been paying attention - I thought he'd already been announced.

At any club you'd feel a manager should have a veto if there is a player they REALLY don't want.

Anyway - De Zerbi and Marseilles seems an insanely fiesty combo, if it happens suspect it won't last more than 18 months.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Kind of naive to think the first thing Marseille would do would be to sign a player Roberto doesn't want. If he's happy to let the club do transfer business then why couldn't he have done that in Brighton?

So if they want Greenwood, its probably because Roberto wants him. (or at the very least agrees with signing him)

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Probably right. Remember English classes where we watched documentaries on different classes in England and how they dress and talk etc., and then role playing those classes in different social scenarios. Wasn't easy and tbh, not going to lie - all a bit of guesswork. May well be wrong :lol:
This should explain everything;

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here