Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi was NOT “sacked”

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I think of everyone on NSC you’ll care the most. There’ll be daily reminders, threads every time they lose, while the rest of us carry on supporting Brighton.

That bruise is never coming off your ego, is it?
With or without me around, there would be people talking about how Roberto is doing in Marseille. We still get daily updates on everything said and done by Cucurella ffs, of course people there will be people talking about Roberto.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was once told we are the choice of Londoners who wanted to move out of the city and settle down.
Not sure how I feel about that
When I started going the club was followed by many in Sussex county, normally the shit bits like Wick, Hastings, Whitehawk and Portslade.

It’s a bit more gentrified now because of the cost. Same with every Ptemier League club.

I’d love to introduce Swansman to characters like Big Philly or Pete Canning. They’d blow his mind.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
With or without me around, there would be people talking about how Roberto is doing in Marseille. We still get daily updates on everything said and done by Cucurella ffs, of course people there will be people talking about Roberto.
No. No we don’t.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
True. That was awful.

But we were only there in the first place because he got us into Europe and qualified us top of the group.

Brighton fans grousing about not beating Roma will never not be funny.
Roma came within seconds of beating Bayer Leverkusen who at the time were on the biggest unbeaten stretch in world football, Roma was one of the hardest ties we could have got.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Certainly going to be a different experience from him compared to coaching sleepy Italian village teams, riding around on the only horse in Ukraine or coaching in front of the upper middle class on the English south coast. Weekly comments about how small the club is or making excuses about past players leaving etc... its not going to produce the same shrugs it did in Sassuolo or Brighton.

I hope he doesn't do a Bielsa and leave after a few days when realising Marseille won't be able to sign endless amounts of people from Robertos Youtube playlist.
What on earth are you talking about.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Ah yes, that perfect plan B which included "conceding twice"

That’s not how a plan B works. Plan A has gone wrong so things get changed to try and get you back in the game. Prefect execution of a plan B really.

If plan A had worked we wouldn’t have needed a plan B.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He's Swansman and I'll struggle to be convinced otherwise.
Well yes but he’s admitted as much several times. He’s been alright up until now, promised to stay off anything non-football related. Sadly I think he might be… indulging again.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Well yes but he’s admitted as much several times. He’s been alright up until now, promised to stay off anything non-football related. Sadly I think he might be… indulging again.
Has he actually admitted it?

I thought the ban was for some entirely unacceptable behaviour and new name or not, he shouldn't be allowed back for it...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Certainly going to be a different experience from him compared to coaching sleepy Italian village teams, riding around on the only horse in Ukraine or coaching in front of the upper middle class on the English south coast. Weekly comments about how small the club is or making excuses about past players leaving etc... its not going to produce the same shrugs it did in Sassuolo or Brighton.

I hope he doesn't do a Bielsa and leave after a few days when realising Marseille won't be able to sign endless amounts of people from Robertos Youtube playlist.
Loving your work, begrudgingly :wink: . Your command of the English language and knowledge of the English game is far superior to many on here. However, it would take you ten lifetimes of living over here to gain even a rudimentary understanding of the vicious subtleties of the English class system :lol:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Has he actually admitted it?

I thought the ban was for some entirely unacceptable behaviour and new name or not, he shouldn't be allowed back for it...
Yes he has, and you’d need to talk to the mods about that but I’m sure they have it all in hand. :) I just popped him on ignore on day one and moved on. He’s been okay since really, but he knows he’s very lucky after some of the garbage which eventually got him banned.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Loving your work, begrudgingly :wink: . Your command of the English language and knowledge of the English game is far superior to many on here. However, it would take you ten lifetimes of living over here to gain even a rudimentary understanding of the vicious subtleties of the English class system :lol:
Probably right. Remember English classes where we watched documentaries on different classes in England and how they dress and talk etc., and then role playing those classes in different social scenarios. Wasn't easy and tbh, not going to lie - all a bit of guesswork. May well be wrong :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here