Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi was NOT “sacked”

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
He really is a cock at heart isn’t he? Gave us the best football I’ve seen from an Albion team, can’t take that away
Rode the success of the team and culture his predecessor built. Very lucky man. Once he had to do the composing himself, it all turned to shit.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Rode the success of the team and culture his predecessor built. Very lucky man. Once he had to do the composing himself, it all turned to shit.
Unfair, he changed enough to make it his team. Yes, he did have all the components but he took us an exciting step up from Potterball imo. I was a BIG Potter fan too btw. Losing Moises and Ali Mac would have fecked GP over too.

He probably was found out, but Christ it was fun that season

You were probably on the Shed End for most of it :wink:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Unfair, he changed enough to make it his team. Yes, he did have all the components but he took us an exciting step up from Potterball imo. I was a BIG Potter fane too byw
Disagree. :shrug:

We'll never know what GP could have done over a season with a team of that strength. Can only guess, and my guess is that it would have gone at least equally well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What a tit. Bloom and Barber would have been crystal clear about how things are done before he joined....and he was so well-researched anyway he knew. His ego is so big he thought a) he knew better and b) could change things. Wrong on both counts - and then he signs Mason Greenwood. 'Nuff said.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
So shit that Pascal Gross said he was the most influential manager he worked with, successfully navigating our way to Europa League knockouts at the first time of asking via a topped group, and still finishing comfortably mid table in the Prem despite a shitshow of injuries to a thin squad.

Yeah, real shit. Stop rewriting history because you can't hack the legacy left by Gormless Graham (still out of a job, btw)

Bloke was too opinionated and outspoken for us, I think. And clearly struggled to motivate the squad and himself in the second half of the season when injuries had taken its toll and he needed to find yet another plan. But let's not pretend he just picked up Potter's job and turned it to shit in 18 months.

God, I can't believe I'm still biting to this shit.

Aug 18, 2013

We'll never know what GP could have done over a season with a team of that strength. Can only guess, and my guess is that it would have gone at least equally well.
Well the bloke had a team with Dunk, Veltman, White, Bissouma, Mac Allister, March, Trossard, Welbeck and Gross and got us to the dizzy heights of 16th, so my only guess is that he wouldn't have got close.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

We won’t but RDZ turned March into a much better player, there cannot be an argument about that surely? He took way more risks than GP would have done imo and it worked for that season. The ball rolling from the defenders as they drew the opposition in was also a step up from Potterball, to hit teams on the break.

Disappointed that GP has taken the money and shown very little ambition since Chelsea too, we may never know what his ceiling is.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So shit that Pascal Gross said he was the most influential manager he worked with, successfully navigating our way to Europa League knockouts at the first time of asking via a topped group, and still finishing comfortably mid table in the Prem despite a shitshow of injuries to a thin squad.

Yeah, real shit. Stop rewriting history because you can't hack the legacy left by Gormless Graham (still out of a job, btw)

Bloke was too opinionated and outspoken for us, I think. And clearly struggled to motivate the squad and himself in the second half of the season when injuries had taken its toll and he needed to find yet another plan. But let's not pretend he just picked up Potter's job and turned it to shit in 18 months.

Well, Graham might be tactically still unemployed as he's rinsing Chelsea for 200k/week. I wouldn't be rushing to my next gig either :lolol:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

He did pick up the job and slowly turned it into shit :shrug:

Good thing the season didn't end later.

If you can't motivate yourself and the squad for half a season, you're not good enough to be a manager in the Premier League.

Went into the Europa League as 2nd favorites to win the cup and threw it away, Winning the Europa League group with a Premier League team is the lowest possible expectation and he lived up to that but it could have been so much better with a good manager in charge.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

If you can't motivate yourself and the squad for half a season, you're not good enough to be a manager in the Premier League.

Went into the Europa League as 2nd favorites to win the cup and threw it away, Winning the Europa League group with a Premier League team is the lowest possible expectation and he lived up to that but it could have been so much better with a good manager in charge.
Whatever.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
We won’t but RDZ turned March into a much better player, there cannot be an argument about that surely? He took way more risks than GP would have done imo and it worked for that season. The ball rolling from the defenders as they drew the opposition in was also a step up from Potterball, to hit teams on the break.

Disappointed that GP has taken the money and shown very little ambition since Chelsea too.
Yes, I've heard a million times that Solly turned much better. And he did have a purple patch, scoring goals and using the fact that Mitoma was on the LW. Good stuff.

But if you want to attribute that to RDZ, surely he should also be held responsible for turning Sanchez, Estupinan, Dunk, Webster and Veltman into looking like shit?

Aug 18, 2013

Ok mate, he was not a good manager and GPot was. That's all you ever want to hear, so be it.

Definitely not the case that they are both good managers in different ways, GPot good for providing a very platform with young players, RDZ good for taking it to the next level with exillerating football and a fantastic European group stage.

Graham struggled without goalscorers up front and squad depth. RDZ without wingers or fullbacks lost to injury and a midfield not adequately replaced.

I must not keep biting to this obsession with Potter being the messiah and De Zerbi the devil. But it's plainly absolute horseshit.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Yes, I've heard a million times that Solly turned much better. And he did have a purple patch, scoring goals and using the fact that Mitoma was on the LW. Good stuff.

But if you want to attribute that to RDZ, surely he should also be held responsible for turning Sanchez, Estupinan, Dunk, Webster and Veltman into looking like shit?
So shit we ended up 6th and then top of of our Euro group. Injuries kicked in, RDZ went rogue after he was embarrassed by his mate in Roma and the rest is history.

You are better than this :rolleyes:

RDZ gave us the most exhilarating run in Albion history, GP took the 30 pieces of silver and will always be remembered by Albion fans as a Judas :shrug:

FACT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here