Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daysave / MK Dons

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think MK is on the Southern station list so it is possible to get there for a fiver a head if you book through Southern`s daysave ticket deal in advance over the net. It means changing at Clapham or East Croydon. Additional childrens tickets over and above the 4 in the group are £ 1.
If I am wrong on MK being a Southern station then you may have to pay from Watford junction but thats not a lot as its only 20mins.

It does say that all savings have to be spent on beer though.:thumbsup:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'll be getting a return to Bletchley for £15:thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The Southern website is a peice of shit and can't find anythong about those kind of savings. Any links much appreciated.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I think MK is on the Southern station list so it is possible to get there for a fiver a head if you book through Southern`s daysave ticket deal in advance over the net. It means changing at Clapham or East Croydon. Additional childrens tickets over and above the 4 in the group are £ 1.
If I am wrong on MK being a Southern station then you may have to pay from Watford junction but thats not a lot as its only 20mins.

It does say that all savings have to be spent on beer though.:thumbsup:

You're right, I hadn't thought of that. It is only very recent though(mid Jan) that their trains have started running there but it may well apply.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Bargain,i'll be there .This could be a great away day.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thanks for the Southern Day Save links all. This is the first time I've got train tickets this cheap. That's more like it ! Opens up all sorts of possibilities, beginning with our first visit to franchise fc for me and the nipper. :thumbsup:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Good spot that man, will be booking my ticket for £10 instead of the £16 I would pay with a railcard!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'll be getting a return to Bletchley for £15:thumbsup:

I notice Bletchley is closer to the stadium than Milton Keynes Central, but still a 20-25min walk.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I notice Bletchley is closer to the stadium than Milton Keynes Central, but still a 20-25min walk.

It's not too far when you think about it. It's like walking from Preston Park to the Withdean, then back again. 20 minutes or thereabouts. On a tight budget, so no taxi!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's not too far when you think about it. It's like walking from Preston Park to the Withdean, then back again. 20 minutes or thereabouts. On a tight budget, so no taxi!

Tight budget too, so I'll be following all the other skin flints then as I won't know where I'm going. :thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As much as I like to support the lads, I'm f*cked if I'm passing a penny over to that football club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here