Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Day 4 - Tue 8th Feb - NO ONE WALKS MILES TO FOOTBALL

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
GREAT writing Crabbers. I know exactly what you mean about the hatred, I can't even listen to the whinging, straw-clutching antis now without wanting to smash their faces in. Very unChristian of me but I can't help it.

I just hope it isn't like last time where we win all the arguments but lose the war because it's a football stadium in an AONB so therefore the answer's no.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Brovian said:
GREAT writing Crabbers. I know exactly what you mean about the hatred, I can't even listen to the whinging, straw-clutching antis now without wanting to smash their faces in. Very unChristian of me but I can't help it.

I just hope it isn't like last time where we win all the arguments but lose the war because it's a football stadium in an AONB so therefore the answer's no.

it really is hard to explain, going there and sitting acroos the hall from them and listening to the amount of shite that bloke poured out...the hatred and anger, the way you want them to realise the bare faced FACT that Falmer IS the only site but knowing they would never accept it......it peeks stress levels to the max. Especially when your at the Inquiry and unable to vent any steam at all in fear you might be heard or kicked out!

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Good work Crabbers, I will either be there tomorrow or thursday to give my support to the club, but also get a closer look at the lovely Megan.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm definately going to have another day off work to go along to this (might skive it this time). I'm a bit of a masochist, so I want to see the debate that will make me the MOST angry. A Sussex Downsman dribbling into his beard about how his Sunday morning walks along the hard shoulder of the A27 will be totally RUINED by a stadium being there, something like that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Large One said:
Agreed scotjem. There is no evidence aside from supposition and mere speculation to say that 15% (3,356 people) will ever cycle to a game.

I don't know 15 people who cycle to a game. Or even 1. Neverever seen a bike chained to a Withdean railing.

Why are the NIMBYs being allowed to waste their rate-payers money on this absolute bollocks? Other than to force the Albion to waste huge amounts of money proving the NIMBYs are talking absolute bollocks. Does the Inspector not have ANY powers at all to stop their flights of fancy? Can't he just say 'Ashburton Grove? Inadmissable'. Or indeed do anything other than listen to this infantile gibberish?

Damn fine reporting by the way Crabbers :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
I'm definately going to have another day off work to go along to this (might skive it this time). I'm a bit of a masochist, so I want to see the debate that will make me the MOST angry. A Sussex Downsman dribbling into his beard about how his Sunday morning walks along the hard shoulder of the A27 will be totally RUINED by a stadium being there, something like that.

the Summing Up/Closing Submissions days are probably going to be "the best" there I reckon. That way you get to hear almost everything discussed during the entire Inquiry with abit of "our FACTS are FACTS unlike your crayon rubbish!"

then again a good Q&A session like today helps spread tension through the airwaves.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
forgot to add, the Inspector asked the NIMBY Bloke to speak closer into the Mic and near the end of the session the speaker died near the seated gallery area I was in so it was a tad hard to hear anything!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CrabtreeBHA said:
forgot to add, the Inspector asked the NIMBY Bloke to speak closer into the Mic and near the end of the session the speaker died near the seated gallery area I was in so it was a tad hard to hear anything!
Didn't you get invited to sit in the main chamber then ? Thats what they did with us on Friday, there was plenty of room. The speakers are SHITE in that place (and I'm not just talking about the Nimby lawyer).

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Didn't you get invited to sit in the main chamber then ? Thats what they did with us on Friday, there was plenty of room. The speakers are SHITE in that place (and I'm not just talking about the Nimby lawyer).

well it was in full swing and I did'nt wanna barge and shout out "OI...GUV....where shall I plonk my arse for this shin dig?!" The speakers worked perfectly and were loud enough at the start, was sat on the right hand side behind the pillars directly behind Lord B. There was some room near him but I was too intimidated by the (reading) whole thing.....Inquiry Virgin ;)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CrabtreeBHA said:
was sat on the right hand side behind the pillars directly behind Lord B. There was some room near him but I was too intimidated by the (reading) whole thing.....Inquiry Virgin ;)
Lord B would have looked after you Crabbers - I sat next to him on Friday. Watch his hands though, he can get a bit "touchy-feely".

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
whats with all those Names on the wall too? I was looking for mine to see if I'd won something but alas I could'nt find it ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
All the mayors of Brighton down the years. Some right old fossils.
Anyone know who the current mayor of Brighton is ? And what his view is on the stadium ? Never occurred to me before, but the public support of the citys mayor on this campaign wouldn't do any harm.

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
80's Seagull said:
Good work Crabbers.
Can't beleive they seem to be going on so much about cycling to the various sites. I mean who the f*** cycles to football matches?

i have to agree but there was 5 bikes chained up outside the Withdean on saturday.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Large One said:
We already have the full-blown support of Brighton & Hove City Council.

And HER name, Easy, is Pat Drake. She is a Tory councillor in Westdene - and pro-Falmer.
Ahh, I thought it might be a council thing. OK, but I want to see the MAYORESS jumping up and down in Falmer village, whirling her chain of office around her head and chanting "we want Falmer, we want Falmer" to Tom Hark.

THATS what I'd call "full-blown support".

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Easy 10 said:
Ahh, I thought it might be a council thing. OK, but I want to see the MAYORESS jumping up and down in Falmer village, whirling her chain of office around her head and chanting "we want Falmer, we want Falmer" to Tom Hark.

THATS what I'd call "full-blown support".

I'll be down there to watch that:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here