Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davids starts for Palace.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Blimey. I didn't even know there were matches on tonight, and now I see the fixture list, there's loads! When was the last time there were so many games on, and none of BBC, ITV, FIVE, Sky, ESPN wanted a piece of the action.

EDIT: There is Sevilla vs Bruge on SS2. But still, very suprised about the lack of coverage!

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Same age as Ryan Giggs and a year younger than Paul Scholes. Think again jealous boy!:drink:

Scholes and Giggs have been training with arguably the best squad in the UK, and have both been playing competitive football recently. Davids has been modelling shades and clothes in South Africa, and listening to utter shite dribble from the mouth of Adrian Chiles

No brainer, he will be shite

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Scholes and Giggs have been training with arguably the best squad in the UK, and have both been playing competitive football recently. Davids has been modelling shades and clothes in South Africa, and listening to utter shite dribble from the mouth of Adrian Chiles

No brainer, he will be shite

Whilst training with Ajax.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
He will be worse than Robbie Savage was for us last year. Will be so far off the pace. Odds on him being subbed off after 45mins? He may have been training with Ajax off and on but he will still be shit in my opinion. Slow as a snail too.

That's not jealousy, that's a pretty obvious conclusion to make for a player at his age and his recent history.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Same age as Ryan Giggs and a year younger than Paul Scholes. Think again jealous boy!:drink:

Even if you hadn't got the ages wrong, there is no way you can compare Davids to Scholes or Giggs.

Scholes is, in my opinion, the best English midfield player of the last thirty years. He is now, even at 35, the form player in the Premier League and is a model pro.

Davids was a good player in his day but he is now way past it at 37, has been without a club for two years and is just about to make his debut for a struggling Championship side.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
He will be worse than Robbie Savage was for us last year. Will be so far off the pace. Odds on him being subbed off after 45mins? He may have been training with Ajax off and on but he will still be shit in my opinion. Slow as a snail too.

That's not jealousy, that's a pretty obvious conclusion to make for a player at his age and his recent history.

Don't expect him to play the full game anyway tbh. Was suprised he started so soon. He will get fit enough to play at our level no problem. Would piss your leauge ;)

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Even if you hadn't got the ages wrong, there is no way you can compare Davids to Scholes or Giggs.

Scholes is, in my opinion, the best English midfield player of the last thirty years. He is now, even at 35, the form player in the Premier League and is a model pro.

Davids was a good player in his day but he is now way past it at 37, has been without a club for two years and is just about to make his debut for a struggling Championship side.

Struggling?? Are you for real?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would we be saying the same if the story was told in April that we were going to sign him had been true. I doubt it very much he would have been classsed as a great signing if it was for us but a poor one for anybody else/.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Struggling?? Are you for real?

I base this on what I have seen in the last year, even six months. It wasn't intended to sound like I was having a pop, but would you not classify that as struggling?

Anyway, disregarding that argument, I don't believe Davids will prove to be an especially good signing for you.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
I base this on what I have seen in the last year, even six months. It wasn't intended to sound like I was having a pop, but would you not classify that as struggling?

Anyway, disregarding that argument, I don't believe Davids will prove to be an especially good signing for you.
We struggled for a few games after Warnock left. We were play off potential then. We stayed up. This year will be a transitional year, but I don't expect us to struggle to be less than mid table.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
And it's Davids running down the wing.......

monkey-with-glasses.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Windy ass!

This BBC London commentator is a twat. Listening on Player....he just said Davids was weird as well :D

....doesn't realise his mic is still on....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here