Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davids set to join Palace.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
You could make a killing here, get outside Selhurst selling dreadlock wigs and stupid glasses to the fans and make a fortune:lolol::lolol:

Or voice changers that make them go:

"And i'm feeligsh..gladsh all overrr..yesh i'm gladsh all overrr"

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Love some of the comments, if he had signed for us this place would have gone into meltdown. Its Edgar Davids, don't matter if he ain't played for 2 years he will still have enough to do well in the championship. Yes I am very very jealous

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Love some of the comments, if he had signed for us this place would have gone into meltdown. Its Edgar Davids, don't matter if he ain't played for 2 years he will still have enough to do well in the championship. Yes I am very very jealous

No. No you're not.

This is just silly and everyone knows it.

From Palace 2010 consortium website:

"We are delighted to announce the signing of Dutch World Cup star Edgar Davids. Edgar has agreed a contract worth £1 million per week but has been told by the club only to expect 1p in the pound. He has reluctantly agreed as the alternative was nothing."

Well I've just had a look on that site and it says no such thing.....wait a minute, you're larking around, aintcha?
Either that or you can't let it go that we've survived mismanagement and found ourselves prudent owners who are listening to the fans and seem to understand that a 'play as you play' deal for a player who is still a massive name, especially in The Championship will probably pull in many extra punters.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Brilliant stuff! Absolutely no negatives here for Palace - worst case situation is that he gets injured, in which case there's no loss.

Profile of the club's rocketing already. Brilliant decision by all involved at Palace :thumbsup:
Quite right. The whole of football is laughing at palace now, not just us.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Well I've just had a look on that site and it says no such thing.....wait a minute, you're larking around, aintcha?
Either that or you can't let it go that we've survived mismanagement and found ourselves prudent owners who are listening to the fans and seem to understand that a 'play as you play' deal for a player who is still a massive name, especially in The Championship will probably pull in many extra punters.

for "prudent owners" see "utter fuckwits"

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No. No you're not.

This is just silly and everyone knows it.

Oh I beg to differ we have Kishischev (37 I think) who I'm very happy with so far, but Edgar Davids come on

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
He's only joined Palace because Albion are their arch rivals.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Either that or you can't let it go that we've survived mismanagement and found ourselves utter fuckwits who are listening to the fans and seem to understand that a 'play as you play' deal for a player who is still a massive name, especially in The Championship will probably pull in many extra punters.

Like so.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

A 'play as you play' deal is certain to save you money I'll give you that.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Fair enough - I am taking the piss - It is an excellent PR signing even if he don't play!!!

I understand that the new owners are not to blame for past failings but it must be such a bitter pill to swallow for those creditors who were f***ed over when the 'new' club show off their £10,000 a week man when they were paid a tiny percentage of money owed to them for work carried out in good faith.

You must understand what I mean?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Did Kishischev have a two year break from playing the like Davids?
It will be much harder for Davids and in a higher league as well.

I'm not quite sure Davids has "had a break" for two years...I would have thought its more that no fucker wanted him.

Still, I'm sure he will shine for them, start banging in the goals with his arthritic left foot, and push them up to the premiership where they belong*

*Bevendean Hillbilly is not actually sure that this will happen.

I'm not quite sure Davids has "had a break" for two years...I would have thought its more that no fucker wanted him.
*gets into McClaren mode*
Shurley shome short of pish take?
You'd love to see him at your running track and you know it.
What a day to be a Palace fan!
Out of administration.
Danns to sign a new contract
EDGAR DAVIDS is a Palace player :yahoo:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Interesting signing IF it works

the amount of merchandise they will sell due to Davids will be phenomenal and probably will cover his wages

but IF (and probably more like when seeing as he's been out of action for 2 years) he gets injured and is on the sidelines for ages ... be interesting to see how they deal with it , because even on pay as you play he must be making a fair sum more then the rest of the team

HUGE gamble for a side thats only just come out of administration

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
*gets into McClaren mode*
Shurley shome short of pish take?
You'd love to see him at your running track and you know it.
What a day to be a Palace fan!
Out of administration.
Danns to sign a new contract
EDGAR DAVIDS is a Palace player :yahoo:

I'd be more excited about Danns than Davids if I were you thats for sure.

As for the running track...well, do i really need to say it?

watcher

Jan 12, 2010
No matter how you look at it even if he doesn't play it has had an effect. The club is buzzing after some very ho-hum Summer signings and the young players are bound to be lifted by just being round Davids.

However why has he signed for Palace. My guess is that he wants to do more media work - he punditted on the BBC for the World cup but they aren't going to want him back on for any of the domestic shows unless he has recent relevent domestic experience and bingo here he is getting just that.

He has a website launching soon as well - watch him play a handful of games for us and do a lot of media work on the back of it - and do I care - hell no - win win for both sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here