Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davids set to join Palace.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Sorry if been done.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1303851/EXCLUSIVE-Holland-legend-Edgar-Davids-set-shock-Crystal-Palace.html

Holland legend Edgar Davids is set for a sensational return to professional football after lining up a move to Crystal Palace.
The midfielder hasn't played since leaving his second spell at Ajax in the summer of 2008 - but hasn't officially announced his retirement from the game.

And Sportsmail understands the former Juventus superstar has held talks with Eagles boss George Burley with a view to signing a short-term deal at Selhurst Park.

The Dutchman is still mulling over the offer and is expected to give the south London club a decision in the next few days.

Davids - who spent two seasons at Tottenham - is keen on returning to London and Burley has moved quickly to land the holding midfielder.

And the veteran views a potential move to London as more of a lifestyle change and a hefty financial package is understood to be low on his list of priorities, leaving Palace hopeful of a agreeing a deal.

The capture of Davids would signal a massive coup for Palace, who were on the brink of going bust before local businessmen Martin Long and Steve Parish completed a last-minute takeover.

edgar_davids_76104b.jpg

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I have pre ordered 10,000 pairs of orange tinted glasses for sale at £5.00 a pair on the Holmesdale, this time next month I will quids in!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Any move based on a "lifestyle" decision is doomed to fail on the football front. Could be the new Thomas Brolin.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
How the f*** can they afford his wages exactly? Not long ago they were doomed

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I think that Palace are building a squad for the future and that future is Div 1.
With the exception of Wright and Garvon the signings are of division one or lower standard.
They still have not yet got Speroni, Lee or Danns to sign new contracts and they were all offered them some months ago.
Davids would be complete waste of their cash in my view, he is 37 and not played for two years.

Last edited:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I think that Palace are building a squad for the future and that future is Div 1.
With the exception of Wright and Garvon the signings are of division one or lower standard.
They still have not yet got Speroni, Lee or Danns to sign new contracts and they were all offered them some months ago.
Davids would be complete waste of their cash in my view, he is 37 and not played for two years.

You'd love to have our squad...we'll be fine. Danns and Speroni were only offered contracts recently, not months ago so they'll be hopefully sorted soon.

IF the Davids rumours are true then we'll see. Our board have already said they will NOT break the bank to bring in players, a pay as you play deal is all that has been mentioned anyway.

Not sure what to make of it really, a world class player a few years ago but as someone else said, he could be Thomas Brolin all over again!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Edgar Davids is the new Seb Carole :lol:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
You'd love to have our squad...we'll be fine. Danns and Speroni were only offered contracts recently, not months ago so they'll be hopefully sorted soon.

IF the Davids rumours are true then we'll see. Our board have already said they will NOT break the bank to bring in players, a pay as you play deal is all that has been mentioned anyway.

Not sure what to make of it really, a world class player a few years ago but as someone else said, he could be Thomas Brolin all over again!

Yes I think your squad in our divison would do well, but I think you have lost too many players that kept you in the championship and replaced them with very little quality.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
If Davids signs, and shows as much enthusiasm for them as he did when he was on ITV's World Cup shows, then WHAT a signing they will have........

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'My son was told yesterday by the same person who told him Cox is talking to Millwall that we will also be signing Edgar Davids and Sergie Rebrov in the summer and that we will not recognise half the team next year but know their names.

Dont know whether to believe it or not. '

Copy of a thread I started on 25th April this year perhaps there was some truth in it.

May 22, 2008
In the standard last night says its not likely to happen.

its said he Edgar told a mate of a mate of Burley he might like to play again and he has a flat in London.
but thats about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here