What about:-
"Oh David Lee oh David lee,
He's only here to make the tea"
"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
David Lee seems to be out of his depth the minute he walks out onto the pitch. He never seems to touch the ball for ages. His positioning is always bad indicating that he doesnt really want the ball.
You cant compare reserve team football to first team action, so McGee is definately right to give him a chance, just to take a look but I think by now he must have worked out what most of us already know, the blokes piss poor.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I think McGhee is clear about the future of everyone on the bench except David Lee. With the game won, it was a last chance to make up his mind.

Although it was annoying for the fans.

I didn't pay good money to watch David Lee! I'd have far rather seen Jakey play.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
[No message]

Last edited:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I didn't think he did that badly when he came on, a decent 30 yard pass out to the left for Jones,looked to get forward.

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
Thankfully I can't even remember him coming onto the pitch, which makes me now feel that I didn't miss an awful lot.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Thought he was going to come on today! :jester:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Oh David Lee oh David Lee
Score another 40 yard free kick for me:dunce:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Lee and McPhee were sitting just in front of us in the stands at Chesterfield. I see they both scored twice against Eastbourne to take us to the final.

Why can't people leave the guy alone though, the personal stuff is a bit harsh

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I remember when we played Bristol Rovers at Bath City's ground the Brighton fans shouting 'Off Off' when Mark Farrington, another brilliant signing, committed a foul. Will the same thing happen to David Lee? Is there a player with less ability at the club? Mind you he looked quite good and comfortable in the pre season match at Arundel. Remind me what division are they in?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
What made me realise that we need to dump him, was when Cambridge came in for him, admittedly with an offer of lower wages, but with first team footie beckoning... and Lee opted to rot in the reserves here... to me, this shows he has poor attitude... consistently scores for the reserves tho'... expect MM to release him in the summer... don't expect many offers from other league clubs (if any)...

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If we believe that Mark McGhee has The Albion's best interests at heart (and surely there can't be many who believe he doesn't) then we should also trust his team selection. Whether he's experimenting or not, he's trying his best to make us better and move us up the league. Therefore, if he chooses to select Lee, it must be because he has seen something that makes him believe that he can do a job for us. After all, he works with the players and knows their abilities and limitations.

I'm sure that other clubs have their moaners - those that only seem to be happy when they've something to complain about - but I haven't spent any time around them. However, I can fairly say that I've had many a happy afternoon spoiled by idiots who seem to think it funny to stand up and verbally abuse our players. I'm not just talking about the last few years either - we had just as much of this at The Goldstone. I thought we were supposed to be supporters? Surely that means that we're there to give encouragement - not abuse.

I don't know if Lee will ever make it into a regular first team player - he seems a little lightweight. But he's a consistent scorer in the reserves, and surely that entitles him to a place on the bench? However, I'm quite certain he won't make it anywhere without the encouragement, and support, of the fans. If he wears the stripes then we should support him along with all the rest. If you don't feel able to give him a cheer then don't say anything! Let's leave McGhee to make the decision about where and when he should be playing.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Why 'rightly so'? Surely if McGhee sees something in Lee that he believes will add to the team then he should offer him a new contract (or at least give him a chance to show it on the pitch). I'd rather trust McGhee's judgement than those in the stands. After all, he sees him on the training ground too.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Jim D said:
Why 'rightly so'? Surely if McGhee sees something in Lee that he believes will add to the team then he should offer him a new contract (or at least give him a chance to show it on the pitch). I'd rather trust McGhee's judgement than those in the stands. After all, he sees him on the training ground too.

It's a good one Meade's

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Jim D said:
Why 'rightly so'?
Because he's been shit in every first-team game he's played and hasn't looked interested in most reserve team games since he's signed. He is not good enough for the Conference, let alone Div 1, and he is costing us wages we could spend on a player with a better attitude and more ability.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here