Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Healy: Complete speculation on a transfer target (if no likey, no clicky!)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
that interview was nearly a year ago and he's still there which maybe indicates that he is earning more than even Huddersfield or Southampton are prepared to pay :)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Are you joking? The player would never drop down to League one. He's just played in a World Cup! Plus I think If he were available for loan another Premiership team would snap him up. Totally not going to happen. You must live in cloud cuckoo land!

Yes, he was joking.

Who do people think we are ? Healy is well out of our league.

Is he?
That article above suggests he knows himself that League 1/Championship is his level, having not set the Championship alight he is probably now looking at league 1. Huddersfield, Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday and Peterborough all have 4 good strikers, so wont be looking at bringing in more (you would think). So that leaves the upper-middle band of L1 clubs, the likes of us, Swindon, Plymouth, Brentford etc.
The only stumbling block would be wages, but if we are paying a fraction then it wouldnt be a huge problem. This "important player" im 99% sure will not be a defender, we have enough centre mids, and very rarely is a winger captain. Leads me to think this "important, possible captain" must be a striker, and with his experience i think Healy may well be him.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Yes, he was joking.

Is he?
That article above suggests he knows himself that League 1/Championship is his level, having not set the Championship alight he is probably now looking at league 1. Huddersfield, Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday and Peterborough all have 4 good strikers, so wont be looking at bringing in more (you would think). So that leaves the upper-middle band of L1 clubs, the likes of us, Swindon, Plymouth, Brentford etc.
The only stumbling block would be wages, but if we are paying a fraction then it wouldnt be a huge problem. This "important player" im 99% sure will not be a defender, we have enough centre mids, and very rarely is a winger captain. Leads me to think this "important, possible captain" must be a striker, and with his experience i think Healy may well be him.

I like the cut of your jib foolsg..... keep going!

In all seriousness though, this is definitely a livewire possibility, gus and tony aren't stupid and they both know that the current firepower at the club will at best deliver an upper mid-table finish, they will not accept that.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Are you joking? The player would never drop down to League one. He's just played in a World Cup! Plus I think If he were available for loan another Premiership team would snap him up. Totally not going to happen. You must live in cloud cuckoo land!

OH FFS, it was a joke, just like some of the people being suggested that will be at Withdean soon
:lolol::facepalm:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Compared to all the usual wildly optimistic signing suggestions on here, I can't fault the original poster for a well reasoned case, which foolg backs up rather well too. Yes it's still all speculation, but certainly not wild speculation.

Good call I say. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if this signing were to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here