Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Healy: Complete speculation on a transfer target (if no likey, no clicky!)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How about Robinho?

1: Not being included in City's 25 man named Premiership squad so won't play this season.
2: Santos have turned down the chance of a permanent transfer
3: City would rather pay £155,000 a week than £160,000 if we pick up a slice of the wages
4: He doesn't like Manchester's climate, but Brighton is both warmer and drier.
5: South American connection with Gus

Worth an enquiry?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Players that fit into the same Category

Jason Scotland. (Wigan)
Diomansy Kamara (Fulham)
David Elm (Fulham)
Maceo Rigters (Blackburn)
Marcus Bent (Birmingham)
Shola Ameobi (Newcastle)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
name came here before past week or so. as specultive rumours goes its about the most credible so far... mainly because he isnt really much good unless playing for Northern Ireland.

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
Add some more fuel to the fire...

From BBC in 2007 said:
Assistant manager Gustavo Poyet admits that he fears star player David Healy will leave Leeds following the club's relegation from the Championship.
The Northern Ireland international striker had been named CAPTAIN until the end of the season in the absence of regular skipper Jonathan Douglas.

Poyet said: "We do not know whether David will play for Leeds again.

"I would not expect the top scorer in European Championship qualification to be playing in League One next season."

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
10th September 2009
Sunderland boss Steve Bruce has told David Healy and Daryl Murphy to seek loan moves because he already has enough strikers.

Bruce has Darren Bent, Fraizer Campbell and Kenwyne Jones to call on upfront and there is no room for Healy and Murphy.

The Black Cats manager said: 'There's been some interest in those two players [Healy and Murphy] from Championship sides, so we will have to see what happens.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
What about Ryan Babel at Liverpool, he isn't getting games either?

Are you joking? The player would never drop down to League one. He's just played in a World Cup! Plus I think If he were available for loan another Premiership team would snap him up. Totally not going to happen. You must live in cloud cuckoo land!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
10th September 2009
Sunderland boss Steve Bruce has told David Healy and Daryl Murphy to seek loan moves because he already has enough strikers.

Bruce has Darren Bent, Fraizer Campbell and Kenwyne Jones to call on upfront and there is no room for Healy and Murphy.

The Black Cats manager said: 'There's been some interest in those two players [Healy and Murphy] from Championship sides, so we will have to see what happens.

would rather have murphy than healy. nether will be signing though, it'll be somebody from the spanish league or that norwegian lad.

or what's more likely, is that we won't be signing anybody else to play upfront. gus said he wanted barnes and he signed him. murrey stayed. and gus seems to rate holroyd. as we only play 1 upfront, we only really need 3 forwards in the squad to cover all eventualities.

however from his interview it was made clear that smith played becuase lualua hadn't signed yet, so clearly expects him to sign before saturday.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Don't write this off too soon .... Read the last bit...

David Healy has issued a “come and get me” plea in a bid to end his Sunderland misery.
Northern Ireland’s record goal-scorer has played only 64 minutes of first-team football this season with the Black Cats and a loan move in January now seems certain.
The former Fulham and Manchester United striker has been left a frustrated spectator as an unused substitute 15 times since the start of the campaign and has only came off the bench five times.
But now he is desperate to get back to his sharp-shooting best even if that means walking away from Sunderland.
Writing in his Belfast Telegraph column today, Healy admits his lack of first-team action must be put right — even if that means calling a halt to his career at the Stadium of Light and the Barclays Premier League.
“The time has come for me to look at other options if I am only going to get 10 minutes here and 15 minutes there at Sunderland,” said Healy, whose last club goal came against Stoke City back in February last year.
“I don’t know if anything will happen during this transfer window but I certainly have to consider it.
“When you train all week, all you want to do is play at the weekend and have something to show for your efforts.
“Going to Old Trafford, Anfield, the Emirates and Stamford Bridge is what football is all about. Unfortunately for me, most of my experiences have been as a substitute and it leaves you wanting more.
“The top flight is the best place to be and every player wants to experience it but if something happens and I move out of it, then so be it.
“I’m not above the Championship or League One. I’ve played there before and enjoyed it.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Add some more fuel to the fire...

stranger things have happened............ healy would def net 15+ goals and would ensure play-offs a certainty at worst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here