Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Healy: Complete speculation on a transfer target (if no likey, no clicky!)

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
Following on from Gus' post match comments about bringing in another player that could be possible captain material, and also being continually linked with a "Premiership striker" does anyone think David Healy of Sunderland could fit the bill?

Now there aren't many experienced strikers kicking around in Premier League reserve sides, infact he's the only one I came across on my little hunt...

He spent the second half of last season on loan in the Championship, but didn't set it alight with 1 goal in 12 appearances. My point being that perhaps this may put of Championship clubs considering him as an option this season...

He is experienced, and could be considered captain material by Gus, has captained Northern Ireland before...

He played the 2006/07 at Leeds with Gus, and was Leeds' top scorer that season...

Obviously there has been some contact between Albion and Sunderland during the summer...

He is Gus' kind of player...

His contract is up at the end of next season so if his loan was successful he could join permenantly on a free next summer

Complete speculation :thumbsup:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I like the way you're thinking!

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
Wages would be the barrier!

But he's clearly unwanted at Sunderland, so even paying just say 25% of his wages of (20k per week?) or whatever, would be a good bit of business for Sunderland and for us. It's not as if we have to pay 100% of his wages...

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Following on from Gus' post match comments about bringing in another player that could be possible captain material, and also being continually linked with a "Premiership striker" does anyone think David Healy of Sunderland could fit the bill?

Now there aren't many experienced strikers kicking around in Premier League reserve sides, infact he's the only one I came across on my little hunt...

He spent the second half of last season on loan in the Championship, but didn't set it alight with 1 goal in 12 appearances. My point being that perhaps this may put of Championship clubs considering him as an option this season...

He is experienced, and could be considered captain material by Gus, has captained Northern Ireland before...

He played the 2006/07 at Leeds with Gus, and was Leeds' top scorer that season...

Obviously there has been some contact between Albion and Sunderland during the summer...

He is Gus' kind of player...

His contract is up at the end of next season so if his loan was successful he could join permenantly on a free next summer

Complete speculation :thumbsup:

and so ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
What about Ryan Babel at Liverpool, he isn't getting games either?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not the first time I've heard his name mentioned in connection with our 'vacancy', oddly enough.

I suspect it's unlikely, but I certainly wouldn't be complaining if it proved to be accurate.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Silly as it may sound I think that David Healy sounds a good possibility as he is not going to be in much demand by any clubs much higher than us so if we pay some of his wages, like Portsmouth did when they got promoted to the Prem, then everybody wins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here