Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Burke OUT!!!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I think the key is transparency. It must be clear to the new manager what the budget is and what results are expected of him.

It may be that the club are being unrealistic with their ambitions and they should only expect Top 10 finish with a possible flirt with the play offs, given the budget compared with other clubs with parachute payments.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Having spoken to his agent on the train back from Forest, I'm pretty confident we weren't played by him at all. He was desperate for Grabban to come to the Albion as a better move for him. "Why would he want to stay at Bournemouth when he could play at the Amex?" were the sort of phrases bandied about.

Agents are only interested in the commission they can wangle. Why get a cut on a £1M deal when you can wait 6 months and get a bigger slice with a £3M fee ? Even the SCUM think he is now a bargain at £3M.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agents are only interested in the commission they can wangle. Why get a cut on a £1M deal when you can wait 6 months and get a bigger slice on a £3M fee ? Even the SCUM think he is now a bargain at £3M.

You're talking with the benefit of masses of hindsight. No one knew, back then, that Grabban would go on to have a great second-half of the season resulting in his valuation increasing by 200%. If you did, and you didn't, then you're in the wrong job whatever it is you do.

But more annoyingly you continue to post stuff as fact that is nothing more than guesswork and conjecture. And generally wrong.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Agents are only interested in the commission they can wangle. Why get a cut on a £1M deal when you can wait 6 months and get a bigger slice with a £3M fee ? Even the SCUM think he is now a bargain at £3M.

Whichever way it is, Burkes been played or he simply didn't offer the player enough, it's not an endorsement of the recruitment system at the Albion.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Get this ****ing idiot out of my football club Bloom!

We've lost two perfectly good managers now and signed too many jokers because of this imbecile

BERK OUT!!!

I really hope Tony doesn't look on NSC, some fool on here of the highest order

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just listened to this again

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24031483

Burke seems to be a very financially competent individual talking about the impact of FFP earlier this season.

But I did find myself wondering would he be the 'wow' factor you want selling your club to a good player who has options. That, as we know, is something Poyet had in spades.

Not sure it was necessarily that sinking the Grabban deal, that seems more wages and speed of response.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
But more annoyingly you continue to post stuff as fact that is nothing more than guesswork and conjecture. And generally wrong.

That should be NSC's tagline.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You're talking with the benefit of masses of hindsight. No one knew, back then, that Grabban would go on to have a great second-half of the season resulting in his valuation increasing by 200%. If you did, and you didn't, then you're in the wrong job whatever it is you do.

I note that Bournemouth have accepted a bid for £3M from Cardiff for "Money" Grabban (£3M being the new specified release figure signed in a renewed 3½ year contract in January). I think his agent is very pleased with himself.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I note that Bournemouth have accepted a bid for £3M from Cardiff for "Money" Grabban (£3M being the new specified release figure signed in a renewed 3½ year contract in January). I think his agent is very pleased with himself.

Good to see the Sky money filtering down to grass roots levels

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
What do people think Tony would do upon 'getting rid of Burke'?

For the hard of thinking, I'll answer:-

Tony will employ someone else to perform the job, currently held by Burke.

Changing the name on the office door will make no difference to how the club is run.

Yes - but the problem seems to be that Burke is rubbing people up the wrong way.

Regardless of whether his signings are any good or not - another person with a different personality doing the same job might actually work.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes - but the problem seems to be that Burke is rubbing people up the wrong way.

Regardless of whether his signings are any good or not - another person with a different personality doing the same job might actually work.
What makes you think the next guy won't also alienate the people who have no idea of:-

- What the job entails.
- The financial constraints that have to be worked within.
- What qualifies the man to do the job.

Face facts the Burke, and while we're at it, Barber out morons have no idea what these people do, and are just looking for a scapegoat.
I guarantee they have had no contact either directly or indirectly, with Burke.
They probably haven't even listened to his very impressive interview on Roar.

The only surprising thing is they are intelligent enough to not blame Bloom, and able to turn a computer on.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Face facts the Burke, and while we're at it, Barber out morons have no idea what these people do, and are just looking for a scapegoat. I guarantee they have had no contact either directly or indirectly, with Burke.
They probably haven't even listened to his very impressive interview on Roar.

I listened to the Roar podcast with David Burke and I asked this question earlier in the thread which I did not receive any replies.

"You mean the podcast where David Burke told us it was his job to ensure that he got players to fit into our system, to make sure they did not have a history of injuries and the players head must be in the right places?
Then he signs Agustien with his injury record, he signs Obika when we play one up front who we rely on to hold the ball up and he had the touch of a rapist. Then he signs Monakana who was being criticised by his manager Simon Grayson as being in the last chance saloon, with a bad attitude."

I would be interested in your view on my observation?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I listened to the Roar podcast with David Burke and I asked this question earlier in the thread which I did not receive any replies.

"You mean the podcast where David Burke told us it was his job to ensure that he got players to fit into our system, to make sure they did not have a history of injuries and the players head must be in the right places?
Then he signs Agustien with his injury record, he signs Obika when we play one up front who we rely on to hold the ball up and he had the touch of a rapist. Then he signs Monakana who was being criticised by his manager Simon Grayson as being in the last chance saloon, with a bad attitude."

I would be interested in your view on my observation?

Thanks for proving my point.

That would be the same podcast where he categorically stated he does NOT sign players. Something he has reiterated countless other times.
He scouts/recruits the players that he and his team are asked to, as well as presenting other players who may well fit the bill, and, what would seem to be crucial (judging by Oscar and the Tony's comments) are available, in order for the manager to decide whether to sign or not.

Does the Albion, unlike every other club on the planet, have to be perfect in ALL transfer dealings?

FWIW
- Seeing Kemy skip through Reading (?) in the Goal of the Season montage was a joy to behold, and exactly what we were missing all season long.

- Picking up a first team regular with bags of potential and attempting to 'reconstruct' him in the DEVELOPMENT squad, isn't the worst plan. Esp if that player is a ready made replacement for KLL, and costs next to nothing.

- Obika - :shrug:, although he was getting name checked at Charlton, so I guess he is better there than here (not hard for him to improve on his performances with us)

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Thanks for proving my point.

That would be the same podcast where he categorically stated he does NOT sign players. Something he has reiterated countless other times.
He scouts/recruits the players that he and his team are asked to, as well as presenting other players who may well fit the bill, and, what would seem to be crucial (judging by Oscar and the Tony's comments) are available, in order for the manager to decide whether to sign or not.

Does the Albion, unlike every other club on the planet, have to be perfect in ALL transfer dealings?

FWIW
- Seeing Kemy skip through Reading (?) in the Goal of the Season montage was a joy to behold, and exactly what we were missing all season long.

- Picking up a first team regular with bags of potential and attempting to 'reconstruct' him in the DEVELOPMENT squad, isn't the worst plan. Esp if that player is a ready made replacement for KLL, and costs next to nothing.

- Obika - :shrug:, although he was getting name checked at Charlton, so I guess he is better there than here (not hard for him to improve on his performances with us)

:nono::nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here