Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David "1 shot 1 cross Man of the match" Beckham

Apr 10, 2009
Lets not have a pop at Beckham he didn't pick himself to be MOTM, he just came on and did what he does every time he plays for his country, gave 100 % and you can not deny that his arrival improved the game and lifted the fans.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
its funny, because the VT bit after the game to demonstrate his "range of passing" was a pass that went to empty space and resulted in loss of possesion to their full back. during the game Twnsend was felating him saying how "you know exactly where he will pass it"... yeah, and so do the opposition.

theres no doubt he is quality and his presence did change things, but it couldnt have stayed the same as he's a totally different player to Lennon. but he is so damn easy to defend against with those long diagonal balls. against top teams i'd rather see Lennon/SWP/Walcott terrorising the fullback.

I loved the "that's what you get with Beckham, he can land it on a sixpence" comment when a cross fell harmlessly onto a centre halves head. :smile:

Good performance though...

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Beckham is to England what Kuipers is to Brighton.

Both are absolute stars in an otherwise dreary sky.

And Steve Bruce is the most knowledgeable pundit ever to grace the televisual medium.Class,pure class.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
John Byrne - Player of the Season 1991/92!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
wasnt deserved,disgrace to the others in the team.

Disgrace is a bit OTT for something that is so unimportant.

I'm sure all the players had a good laugh about it and couldn't care less. It was one man's opinion, nothing more. I didn't agree with it but then you only have to look at the player ratings on here after every Albion match - the differences of opinion are staggering sometimes!

But they are all individual opinions. That's all. And, of course, you can always trust the media to make a big meal out of it and sensationalise it. It is meaningless.

In the context of England, only one person's opinion really counts and that's Capello's.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually

Disgrace is a bit OTT for something that is so unimportant.

I'm sure all the players had a good laugh about it and couldn't care less. It was one man's opinion, nothing more. I didn't agree with it but then you only have to look at the player ratings on here after every Albion match - the differences of opinion are staggering sometimes!

But they are all individual opinions. That's all. And, of course, you can always trust the media to make a big meal out of it and sensationalise it. It is meaningless.

In the context of England, only one person's opinion really counts and that's Capello's.

Out of interest,have you ever played football at amatuer level?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Who cares to be honest, Jobs for the boys me thinks. Its that old Man Utd connection again. Looking at the match there was no player that stood out, they all did what they had to do against a mediocre team in a meaningless match to us. When Beckham did come on a 1-0, lets be fair the match was dull and going nowhere & he pumped us up again immediately so therefore maybe deserved it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here