Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
what did he say , what did he say ?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I found it funny when someone texted in saying get rid of the deadwood, and one he mentioned was HARDING :lolol:

Didn't realise he was DEADWOOD.

Dave was OK, but Daniel before him was probably the best Brighton phone-in call I've ever heard - what fantastic level-headed sense.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
Dave was OK, but Daniel before him was probably the best Brighton phone-in call I've ever heard - what fantastic level-headed sense.

What did he say LI? That if we go down, it doesn't really matter because Falmer :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: is the ultimate goal?

Because I think if we go down this season, we're f***ed for years

:nono:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
as opposed to being possibly 'f***ed' forever?.

I think it was something along the lines of that we have to appreciate how far we have come on low resources and crowds of 6000 and it's a miracle that we are even able to comete at this level with a sprinkling of youth players. I can't remember if falmer was even mentioned

That was the gist MM plus praise for McGhee's ability to compete at this level with his playing resources and his skill at bringing the young players though. But it wasn't so much what he said, although that was fine enough, it was the eloquence and quiet passion with which it was said - great stuff.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Agree Turkey.

As far as viable transfer targets go I would imagine we have as much chance of getting Sheringham as Jordan has of getting a number one hit.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Good to hear that Lush still has the hots for BZ though.

Did harty know that Kay and Lush are one and the same?. I was waiting for some comment about knitting and executions.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Suggesting Sheringham was just plain ridiculous. May as well phone up and say that we should be trying to get Edu and Reyes from Arsenal.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I was fully aware Kay was Lush, the time for bickering and points scoring is long over. I thought she made some excellent points as did the overwhelming majority of the callers. As has been pointed out on numerous ocassions on this site the sucess of the phone-in is dictated by the content of the callers.
The rule of thumb is about getting as many different views and opinions on during the show, we started with former Albion championship winning captains, Glenn Wilson and Jimmy Collins, Ferret, Mike Ward, Mark McGhee, 10 callers to air (With the usual 6 or 7 ringing up at 10.25) and over 30 text messages read out. Lets hope we can do it all again on Monday but this time be at least celebrating a point gained.
As for a potential loan striker I think Bobby Zamora is probably not the answer, in a way its too much pressure on a player who is certainly suffereing a confidence crisis.
I think Carl Asaba could be a real option, he's fallen out with Stoke and is looking to get away.
I beleive he's on about £4,500 a week, of which Stoke would probably pay half, so if we get him for a month its going to be around 9k, which is not that much if it helps guarantee Coca Cola Championship football next season.
Does anyone know how much money is left in the 40Note fund?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Turkey said:
Not sure Sherringham is a realistic transfer target! :jester: Good call though.

On the subject of getting a loan striker what we gonna pay Teddy or Zamora with, magic beans!

Virgo and McCammon is the front line for the next 8 games and I thought those 2 plus Hammond were the best things about last nights performance. Yes McCammon missed some opportunities but he got to the ball and on another day against weaker opposition who knows.

Harty, good call on Asaba - he always scored against us and looked a right handful, bit injury prone though and is even 9k beyond us?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
He's not injured at the moment and is desperate to get away from Joke City, Micky Adams apparently wants him which probably says it all

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thanks Richie

I always think that when you phone up and praise the team, which I do regularily, that if we play badly, then it should also be said. I thought the defence showed frailalties that were very very worrying, and this is not the tinme of teh season to be having the jips!!

Harty did put me on the spot somewhat re a striker :lolol: :lolol: , however we all know that money is tight , therefore my suggestion of Sherringham was based on the fact that he is someone I would have in if possible. I am not really sure Bobbt is the answer

I also mentioned the issue about this so called tie up with Arsenal. I am veryy wary of the suggestions linking us with arsenal. Whilst I appreciate what Liam did for us in the past, I certainly think that we are deluding ourselves to think that we are some way a preferrential loanee club.

I enjoy talking on harty!!!

Dave

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think the problem with signing a loan striker like Asaba or Zamora would be that they are not playing regularly and would take three games at least to get back to match fitness which sort of makes it pointless them being here.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
..........where as Sherringham being on the bench and being the cost of Asaba and Zamora put together is the answer.:shootself

I think Asaba is a good bet if not then we should tap up Mr Coppell and see if the goat or Forster want a start.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Do any of you people live in the f***ing real world???

f***ing TEDDY SHERINGHAM!!! Bobby Zamora!!!

For a start how do you expect us to pay either of these two?? Magic Beans?? Secondly both of them are first team regulars at West Ham, a massive side with a great ground, fantastic support and really should be in the premier league. Why on earth would they want to play for a side with a portacabin and an ambition to win the Sussex Senior Cup?

Oh yeah and Dave, if heading the ball was as easy as you made it sound last night we'd all be playing professional football.

:shootself

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here