Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dave The Gaffer on Harty's phone in

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think Shaun Goater or Nicky Forster would be ideal. After Monday we could try and get them because they will perhaps help us nick some points of Reading's rivals.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Why not sign Bergkamp he has been on the bench recently, so has Michael Owen for Real Madrid!

To suggest signing players like Sherringham is pathetic, will you pay his £20k a week?

We have signed players like McCammon, Jarrett, Molango because they cost **** all and **** all is all the club can afford.

Why have we changed from 5-3-2 formation that saw us unbeaten in 7 games to 4-4-2. We knew Wigan were an attacking side and yet gave them so much time and space it was unreal. Why did McGhee leave Harding on teh pitch to be made to look a fool for 90 minutes? Why did Oatway stay on the pitch and Nicholas have to make way? Tactics helped us lose the game last night.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Arthur said:
Do any of you people live in the f***ing real world???

f***ing TEDDY SHERINGHAM!!! Bobby Zamora!!!

For a start how do you expect us to pay either of these two?? Magic Beans?? Secondly both of them are first team regulars at West Ham, a massive side with a great ground, fantastic support and really should be in the premier league. Why on earth would they want to play for a side with a portacabin and an ambition to win the Sussex Senior Cup?

Oh yeah and Dave, if heading the ball was as easy as you made it sound last night we'd all be playing professional football.

:shootself

Actually I do live in the real world you patronising twat!

Did you read my post? Obviously not.

Secondly, my point about heading is that these people are professional footballers who have nothing to do all week but practice. How difficult is it when you have a free head on goal to at least make the goalie make a save?

:salute:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
dave the gaffer said:

Clearly not!!

Yep, to answer your point re Sheringham

therefore my suggestion of Sherringham was based on the fact that he is someone I would have in if possible

Wel it's not possible is it you f***ing berk! We haven't got a pot to piss in and Sheringham is hardly going to be improving his career by joining us is he?

As for Zamora it's equally as laughable to suggest he'd even consider re-joining us, let alone us having the funds to pay for him. Where do expect us to get the £1m to sign him (it's what Palace offered a few weeks back) and the 8 or 9k a week he'll want to earn?

Secondly, my point about heading is that these people are professional footballers who have nothing to do all week but practice. How difficult is it when you have a free head on goal to at least make the goalie make a save?

Yeah and a professional footballer should be able to pass the ball, please take note Oatway, Nicolas, Harding, in fact pretty much the whole squad last night. McCammon's headers last night were hardly easy point blank chances were they unlike McPhee's effort from 4 yards towards the end!! Why not slate him?

In fact if you are going to pick people up on footballs basics skills then you could have a had a pop at any number of the squad last night.

I am at a loss to understand the mindsets of some of you people, you seem to live in a happy little BHAFC world where dreams come true and nothing bad ever happens.

Nurse pass me the valium I want to find this mystical place!

Last edited:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
dave the gaffer said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

TOTALLY agree :drink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have to say I agree with Arthur on the "heading the ball" thing.

Its all sounds very easy in theory to keep the ball down and hit the target every time, and yes, thats what he's paid to do. But when you're having to judge the pace of the cross, take aim, time your jump AND ensure you get above and/or in front of a defender who's doing everything he can to stop you getting to it, then its not exactly as straightforward as it sounds to just simply "keep the ball down". Even the best strikers in the world will miss with more headers than they score with, because its a very difficult skill.

I don't think McCammon missed any what you could term "free headers" last night. He did what he could with the service he got, but lets not forget, this was againt the best team in the division, so he was unlikely to get any gifts.

At least Hammond buried his header beautifully, but he had the luxury of what was (for once) a static defence and no challenge to worry about.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wasnt particularily having a go at McCammon, what frustrated me was the chances that we had, and yes they fell to him, did not even make the goalkeeper have to make a save. At the other end, even half chances were being converted!

In the last few games ( I didnt go to Plymouth) we have created chances but have missed them with gay abandon.

I just feel that when we are in a dog fight, we are going to have to convert the few chances we are creating.

Sherringham was/is the person I would like to see in the team. I know we have no money, prospects until Falmer is agreed, etc etc etc, however Harty asked my the mystic question and I answered him.

I also think we should put an audatious bid in for Luke Beckett , especially as he is scoring goals for Town ( and I think he is only on loan??)
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
dave the gaffer said:
In the last few games ( I didnt go to Plymouth) we have created chances but have missed them with gay abandon.
Steady on Dave - the Palace refugee's on here will have a field day :lolol:

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
Jesus, we've got some right moaners on here! Dave the Gaffer was only voicing his opinion look at some of the vitirol he's got.

Sheringham/BZ isn't going to happen, who thought it would? We know we've got no money. Thanks for pointing it out.

But lets be honest when a finisher of the quality of Knight is playing left wing, it's essential that those who are playing up front look capable of scoring, last night one did, one didn't .

Before some bright spark starts, no Knight wouldn't have won any of those headers, but he carries a threat which McGammon for all his effort doesn't. I personally think that rather than a striker who might cost a fortune, a quality CM player who can create and keep the ball would be more useful.

As an aside did anyone see the warm up? Knight was banging in goals left right and centre. Virgo may have killed a few birds in the trees on the railway embankment, Bob kept stamping the divots down and laughing....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here