Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dave Sexton

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
In 1958/59, the first time in the Second Division, when I first started watching the Albion I remember him scoring a hat trick in 2 minutes but we still lost 4-6 at home to Middlesborough. R.I.P Dave

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Under Dave Sexton, we were a really good team. Champions elect for about 10 days in 1976 before Liverpool played their last League game against Wolves. We were 15 minutes away from being champions ... 15 minutes.

RIP Dave Sexton.

No one actually recalls much about that Liverpool side that particular season. It's lost in the fog of history. That season is undoubtedly best remembered for the players and football of QPR, a team built by Sexton. Gerry Francis, Don Masson, Dave Clements, Phil Parkes, Stan Bowles, Frank McLintock. Flairniacs!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A proper one minute silence tomorrow hopefully. And then on Saturday I expect we'll get the cop-out minute's applause as there'll be too many beered up muppets for it to be observed respectfully.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
A great player for the Albion too. Lived 2 doors up from him in Amberley Drive. I was just a kid but Mr Sexton as I called him was always friendly. First Albion Player i can remember seeing doing an overhead scissors kick and scoring.

RIP Mr Sexton

Does anyone remember or know anything about his family because when I was a kid I used go to Amberley Drive and play with his son.

Would love to jog some memories.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
481846_10151267856143139_1746138407_n.jpg

Dave Sexton 1930-2012

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Does anyone remember or know anything about his family because when I was a kid I used go to Amberley Drive and play with his son.

I seem to remember being told ( when I was a lot younger, 1978ish?) that he used to live on the corner of Clarke Avenue, not far from Amberley drive ( or was that Ron Greenwood).

Blimey, I'm getting old.

silverwizard

Nov 10, 2009
I can remember the 4-6 loss to Middlesbrough who had Brian Clough playing and scoring for them that day. Albion were 5-0 down in the second half before Sexton inspired a tremendous rally. If only we'd had 6 mins of added time in those days!

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
RIP Dave, not only played for us but won back to back European championships with the England U21's. It was interesting this morning hearing from John Hollins on 5live, he said he saw Dave Sexton playing for us because he used to come down to watch his brother Dave who played for Brighton at the same time.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I seem to remember being told ( when I was a lot younger, 1978ish?) that he used to live on the corner of Clarke Avenue, not far from Amberley drive ( or was that Ron Greenwood).

Blimey, I'm getting old.

I remember it as further down the hill, the corner of Sunninghill Ave and Amberley.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head

Had an awful feeling that the son died. Found this from 1997

"The son of England soccer coach Dave Sexton drove his car off a cliff after Ecstasy tablets left him paranoid and confused, an inquest heard yesterday.

Michael Sexton, 31, whose father managed Chelsea and Manchester United, first took the rave drug five years ago.

His family noticed a change in him as he started to suffer paranoia and panic attacks. "

The cliff was Beachy head IIRC. So sad.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Dave was known as one of the first continental-style footballers,also he looked pretty "cool" to my eyes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here