Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dave Brooks supports Fox Hunting!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Tosh. You watch a fox in a hen house :eek:and tell me that's not killing for fun.

It's academic if it's doing it for fun or by instinct, the chickens are still just as dead. There are cats that get mangled by foxes and ever the odd small dog. Getting back to the main issue, the fox was where it wasn't supposed to be. Unlike some places Sussex CCC is not built in an area that encroaches what used to be a fox's natural habitat. It is vermin and it got shot, that's all.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
What a waste.

It could've opened the bowling from the Sea End.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Tosh. You watch a fox in a hen house :eek:and tell me that's not killing for fun.

i seem to have ruffled a few feathers here, if you excuse the pun. i have to confess to never having seen a fox in a hen house but can you say for certain that foxes kill for fun?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Exactly how many foxes did the Worthing Urban Hunt actually kill then prior to the ban?

That's the whole point since the ban the Worthing fox population appears to have exploded.

Is there a link?

So you had a vets bill. Don't let your cat out at night then. Out of interest, does your cat ever stalk wild birds, voles etc. Does it ever kill them then leave the carcass for you whilst it wanders over to its bowl of kitekat?

Diss me all you want, but please don't diss Holyfield:lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I was told no fox was shot but others say it was...confused with that whole issue! either way I saw no proof of one being shot although I did find a dead one in the Nets (north of the ground) on Xmas Eve!

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Good on him, the foxhunting ban IMHO was one of the most ill thought out pieces of government legislation of its kind.

No-one really consulted the people living out in the country who suffered most at the hands of the foxes, and over a decade on our towns and cities are awash with the 'delightful creatures' causing all kinds of mayhem.

Absolute bollocks. Of course they were consulted. What gets people angry (townies and country folk alike) is the fact that the foxhunters have to dress up and make a party out of what should be a straightforward vermin kill (like as at Eaton Road) when it is proven, beyond doubt that the fox has become a menace. The Tories have certainly lost my vote by saying they want to have yet another vote on the issue so that they can all don their red garb, drink scotch and torture animals. And we think running the bull in Pamploma and bear baiting is bad!! Shame on you.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Good on him, the foxhunting ban IMHO was one of the most ill thought out pieces of government legislation of its kind.

No-one really consulted the people living out in the country who suffered most at the hands of the foxes, and over a decade on our towns and cities are awash with the 'delightful creatures' causing all kinds of mayhem.

Cock

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
According to Dave Brooks it was found to be scratching at the covers for the wicket........... Sussex covers are sponsored by Speckled Hen...........f***ing stands to reason a fox is gonna attack it if its got a picture of a chicken on it.:smile:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Absolute bollocks. Of course they were consulted. What gets people angry (townies and country folk alike) is the fact that the foxhunters have to dress up and make a party out of what should be a straightforward vermin kill (like as at Eaton Road) when it is proven, beyond doubt that the fox has become a menace. The Tories have certainly lost my vote by saying they want to have yet another vote on the issue so that they can all don their red garb, drink scotch and torture animals. And we think running the bull in Pamploma and bear baiting is bad!! Shame on you.

Well every farmer I've ever spoken to in the last few years, said they weren't consulted and the ban was a mistake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here