Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
The midfield doesn’t matter? (chokes) I think you’ll find that every player matters in how or whether we score or concede. As for your take on the club’s philosophy, Potter has started loads of young players. Which team have you been watching?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The midfield doesnt matter in this discussion, which is about strikers!

Hes started lots of young players but if they are not up to it they soon get dropped which is how it should be. We are always looking to strengthen by bringing players in otherwise why did we just spend £20 Million on Mwepu when we could have just plucked a player out of the academy that 'could do a job'?

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
The midfield doesnt matter in this discussion, which is about strikers!

Hes started lots of young players but if they are not up to it they soon get dropped which is how it should be. We are always looking to strengthen by bringing players in otherwise why did we just spend £20 Million on Mwepu when we could have just plucked a player out of the academy that 'could do a job'?

Maybe because our midfield weren’t scoring enough IDK?! I hear he likes an assist too.

Don’t know of anyone who has successfully developed a young player by chucking them in and dropping them when it doesn’t work out. I know many young players who haven’t developed by that approach.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It doesnt matter about the midfield, you need strikers that either create or score goals, thats their job. Not ones that miss hatfulls of chances!

Our philosophy is about getting the best players that we can on the field within a budget, academy prospects are only brought on if they make the grade. If not they are either loaned out or sold.

Midfield doesn't matter? I've heard it all now. :ffsparr:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Maybe because our midfield weren’t scoring enough IDK?! I hear he likes an assist too.

Yes and for the same reason we are likely going to bring a striker in because the current ones don’t score enough goals or provide enough assists! :ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Might be wrong, but I’m not sure Zeqiri has ever played up front for us. So unless we genuinely see him as a wing back I’m not sure he is on the right track. Connolly could benefit from a decent run of games and the confidence that and a few goals will bring. As well as the discipline it’ll demand. I can’t see that happening here this season. I’m not saying getting rid.
The we sign a striker and Cucurella you can’t imagine either (Z and C) getting much of a kick.
Our two recent big academy successes, Sanchez and White, both had plenty of loans. Some of the youngsters who’ve just been in and around the first team seem to be treading water a little.

Zeqiri played up-front against Leicester in the FA Cup, and scored an excellent goal that was ruled out for an offside. He also played up-front towards the end of the mauling City got at The Amex.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Yes and for the same reason we are likely going to bring a striker in because the current ones don’t score enough goals or provide enough assists! :ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr

Well I assume you’re talking about Maupay who had a dip in form and confidence- not surprising really when we’re expecting him to be a 20 goal a season striker in his second season! He’s only 24 if I’m correct?

Even the great Sergio Aguero had a dip in his second season for City scoring a measly 12 goals in 30 appearances. Did they just give up and sign someone else?

e0d3931720ff843a1cd8d107ba712b76.jpg

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Last edited:

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
The most interesting tweet in that thread states that we created 18 assists down the right flank and 4 down the left, despite us attacking an equal amount down each flank.

View attachment 139187

So all we need to do is improve the left flank to the same level of the right, and all our problems are solved.

[TWEET]1418271528895098882[/TWEET]

Hmm… just need a left footed Pascal Gross then

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Well I assume you’re talking about Maupay who had a dip in form and confidence- not surprising really when we’re expecting him to be a 20 goal a season striker in his second season! He’s only 24 if I’m correct?

Even the great Sergio Aguero had a dip in his second season for City scoring a measly 12 goals in 30 appearances. Did they just give up and sign someone else?

e0d3931720ff843a1cd8d107ba712b76.jpg

Actually In the summer of 2013 Man City brought Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetić, they spent a fortune on strengthening the attack!

Aguero stayed but I'm not suggesting for one minute that we replace Maupay or Wellbeck, we need strength in depth and competition for places upfront.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
In a discussion about strikers, no they don’t! :ffsparr::

Oh dear oh dear. Another bedwetter when in comes to strikers. Problem is, we won't attract better than we already have.

We DO need more goals from midfield though. Thats a fact.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Argus story now saying same as Naylor. There’s an interest but nothing happening at mo. Also mentioned Benfica need to sell someone and raise some dolla. For the club to confirm there’s interest surely means we’re trying to get him. Wouldn’t just reappear a year after he moved in normal circumstances. A bizarre one. We must really rate him.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Actually In the summer of 2013 Man City brought Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetić, they spent a fortune on strengthening the attack!

Aguero stayed but I'm not suggesting for one minute that we replace Maupay or Wellbeck, we need strength in depth and competition for places upfront.

And how did Negredo and Jovetić work out exactly? Expensive luxuries! We already have competition for places

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh dear oh dear. Another bedwetter when in comes to strikers. Problem is, we won't attract better than we already have.

Mwepu’s finish yesterday was quality wasn’t it… if Biss stays, and Lallana is fit, Gross has been blinding in the middle… tough one.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

Well i am glad that the club don't have such a defeatist attitude and by most accounts seem to be working hard to strengthen in that area!

It's not bedwetting pointing out that there is an area of the squad that we could do with strengthening.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It doesnt matter about the midfield, you need strikers that either create or score goals, thats their job. Not ones that miss hatfulls of chances!

Our philosophy is about getting the best players that we can on the field within a budget, academy prospects are only brought on if they make the grade. If not they are either loaned out or sold.

What utter bollocks! Four or five goals from each of our midfielders and we're five or six places higher up the table. End of.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Mwepu’s finish yesterday was quality wasn’t it… if Biss stays, and Lallana is fit, Gross has been blinding in the middle… tough one.

Mwepu could be a huge signing for us. I'm convinced that if we start scoring more from midfield, our front players will follow suit.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
And how did Negredo and Jovetić work out exactly? Expensive luxuries! We already have competition for places

Negredo scored 23 from 48 appearances and Man City won the league and then sold him on for £10 million profit!

Who's to say that bringing players in to those positions wasn't also a contributory factor in Ageuro's return to form...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here