Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darts - MEN against BOYS

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've recently erected a proper BDO endorsed dartboard (with surrounding blackboard cupboard) on the wall in my upstairs hallway, in a desperate attempt to alleviate the soul-crushing tedium of these dark winter weekday evenings.

One of my better ideas. I've just THRASHED my nine year old son at Round the Clock (I finished on double top while he was still on 6). I'm very confident I could have gone round again before he'd got anywhere near me. I even "psyched" him out by telling him it was a pig bristle dartboard, and that the dead pigs ghost feels every dart as it hits the board. He just went to pieces after that, and it turned into a rout. Marvellous.

Kids are a piece of piss to beat at most things I find.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Easy 10 said:
I've recently erected a proper BDO endorsed dartboard (with surrounding blackboard cupboard) on the wall in my upstairs hallway, in a desperate attempt to alleviate the soul-crushing tedium of these dark winter weekday evenings.

One of my better ideas. I've just THRASHED my nine year old son at Round the Clock (I finished on double top while he was still on 6). I'm very confident I could have gone round again before he'd got anywhere near me. I even "psyched" him out by telling him it was a pig bristle dartboard, and that the dead pigs ghost feels every dart as it hits the board. He just went to pieces after that, and it turned into a rout. Marvellous.

Kids are a piece of piss to beat at most things I find.

I'll have to remember that tomorrow night when the mighty Kings Head dart team take on the Victoria. :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll ask Jim the result on Wednesday then. If the Victoria team have any kids in it, believe me, you'll piss it.

:thumbsup:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Was beasting your child at DARTS better than beating him at MINI GOLF?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Naah, not quite as much fun as the golf. Looking forward to that again when the weather gets better. I've bought him a new set of clubs though, so he might be a little more difficult this year.

But I'm still confident.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Make the most of it Easy as by the time he gets to 14 or 15 he will be beating you for sure.
:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hmmm, good points. As someone once said: "Be good to your kids - one day, they'll be choosing your nursing home".

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Re: Re: Darts - MEN against BOYS

Knightsworld said:
I'll have to remember that tomorrow night when the mighty Kings Head dart team take on the Victoria. :clap2:
you got no chance then,the vic are the best,loads of primadonnas ,but shit hot at darts

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Easy 10 said:
Hmmm, good points. As someone once said: "Be good to your kids - one day, they'll be choosing your nursing home".

It looks like yours might already be chosen. I'd search his room for leaflets.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
lost in london said:
You don't play for the Stag by any chance do you Easy?....http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1455200,00.html
Heh, no I'm not good enough...good article though.

IT SHOULD have been a friendly game of darts between two pub league teams. Instead, the match erupted into a furious row, with accusations of homophobia and the winning team being banned for life from the league.

The feud broke out soon after The Bevendean Hotel side beat The Stag, the host pub, 8-1, putting them 18 points ahead in the United Darts League in Brighton.

Within days of celebrating the victory, which put them on course to top the mixed league, the winning team were accused of homophobia and banned from the tournament for life.

The players are appealing against the decision by the league and say that they have not been given the chance to defend themselves.

However, members of the all-gay team at The Stag said that the abuse they suffered was “disgusting and offensive”. Fran Bailey, captain of the Stag team, said: “There was constant abuse all night. If their darts fell on the floor, we heard them say: ‘I wouldn’t bend over to pick up your darts in this pub.’ ”

After the match the Stag team wrote to Steve Burtenshaw, chairman of the league, to complain and the Bevendean team were given lifetime bans.

Penny Priest, landlady of the Bevendean and a team member, said: “We completely deny we were or are homophobic in any way. I never said anything like what they’re accusing us of and I’ve spoken to the rest of the team and they say they didn’t.”

Why does it have to be a GAY darts team for christs sake ? Can't they just play darts without advertising their sexual preferences ? Unbelievable.
:rolleyes:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Don't forget Easy, kids remember things like that. How long before you end up in an old people's home?

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Anybody interested in forming a hetro-sexual darts team? You have to find women sexually attractive to join.

Please, no LESBIANS.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am 33, so it'll be a while yet before I'm dribbling in my bathchair. For now, I'll just carry on dribbling in my underwear.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I would imagine the limpness of the wrists in a gay darts team would make accuracy very difficult.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It would appear the Stag are the only gay darts team in the village.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here