Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Currie seen in town

Oct 25, 2003
would be a good signing as give more options but do worry about his defensive capabilities

his lack of defensive qualities will be far outweighed by his superb creative qualities

in this division you need a player with a bit of something extra to succeed- currie is that player

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I don't get all this excitement over Currie. Yes he does take a mean free kick or corner but he also takes some pretty crap ones. And yes, he can pass OK. My real problem with him is his total lack of pace. He is one of the few players we could get in who would make Guy Butters look quick. That lack of pace was one of the reasons he went missing for large parts of the game when Luton were down here earlier this season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe no one has come in for currie because

A) he is on his way to us already

B)whilst MUSTARD he is knocking on a bit (in football terms)and no one wants to take a gamble.

Oct 25, 2003
despite being in LOVE with him, admitadly i would only want him on a reletively short contract, as he can't have that long left in him

theres only so much FLAIR a man can use in his life, and he must be near the end of his QUOTA

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
i'd love him back and it could mean the Richards deal is dead though, could the resoning for signing another midfielder be that Paul Reid will be used as a left back this season again?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
With Currie and Richards back and this new guy slotting into the middle with Hammond (hopefully) we'd really have a good chance of play-offs.

DK, if you get Currie then that really would have shut up all the doubters and moaners.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd love him back simply because he'd bring something different to the squad. He's slow, defensively suspect and drifts in and out of games - we all know that. But with the ball at his feet, he's a WIZARD. :love: I reckon Revell & Elder in particular would both score shedloads more with the service he'd provide.

I don't think he'd be an automatic choice, but he would be very effective against opponents who fail to cut off supply to him or give him too much room.

Last edited:

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
You don't sign a creative player like Currie for him to defend!

i agree, but you have to look at the team as a whole, Currie would no doubt be loved by playres like Revell and Elder but we would have to look at the team we are playing and question whether they could cause issues to a defense possibly left a bit more open?

Oct 25, 2003
people moan when we sign unknown players, and are now moaning because we might be signing a well known player, who we all know is good (and probably one of the most creative players outside of the premiership)

i'm not a huge DK fan but sometimes he literally can't win

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
:lolol:

No-one noticed when we had McCammon running with Leon Knight on his shoulders, and called that 'Bas Savage'

LOL!

I watched the DK 100 top goals DVD last night, one of them is the away goal at Sheffield United when first Leon Knight slipped into the advertising board as he celebrated and then McCcccaammmon actual fell over the top of it! Superb stuff and also Mcclowncammons hair is enourmous! he looks like george berry from the gold old days of football!!

BTW looking at the Luton website (no mention of any more players leaving yet) they have sold 5,716 for the Liverpool match, not a bad following for a midweek away game!

Attachments

• georgeberry.jpg
    georgeberry.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 419

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
LOL!

I watched the DK 100 top goals DVD last night, one of them is the away goal at Sheffield United when first Leon Knight slipped into the advertising board as he celebrated and then McCcccaammmon actual fell over the top of it! Superb stuff and also Mcclowncammons hair is enourmous! he looks like george berry from the gold old days of football!!

BTW looking at the Luton website (no mention of any more players leaving yet) they have sold 5,716 for the Liverpool match, not a bad following for a midweek away game!

Luton supporting bloke at work seemed to recon it may be the last chance to see them play at all......seemly lots of "once a seasons" are out as they belive this is it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here