Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Currie seen in town

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
LOL!

I watched the DK 100 top goals DVD last night, one of them is the away goal at Sheffield United when first Leon Knight slipped into the advertising board as he celebrated and then McCcccaammmon actual fell over the top of it! Superb stuff and also Mcclowncammons hair is enourmous! he looks like george berry from the gold old days of football!!

BTW looking at the Luton website (no mention of any more players leaving yet) they have sold 5,716 for the Liverpool match, not a bad following for a midweek away game!

Pretty good, but it is Liverpool. How many do you reckon we'd take? More than that I'm sure.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I think signing Currie on a year contract would be a good idea and then extend it if he does well. I think we need a bit more creativity in the side and he would give us that. Anyone know exactly what kind of a player Thomson is?
Is he a box to box player who'll score plenty of goals or is he a sitting player who spreads it around like Alonso at liverpool?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
To me, signing Currie would be excellent, and the icing on the cake... the first priority has to be to secure Richard's return... then a striker... then Currie...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
people moan when we sign unknown players, and are now moaning because we might be signing a well known player, who we all know is good (and probably one of the most creative players outside of the premiership)

i'm not a huge DK fan but sometimes he literally can't win

Spot on. If we do get him, DK deserves another pat on the back.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I think signing Currie on a year contract would be a good idea and then extend it if he does well. I think we need a bit more creativity in the side and he would give us that. Anyone know exactly what kind of a player Thomson is?
Is he a box to box player who'll score plenty of goals or is he a sitting player who spreads it around like Alonso at liverpool?

I get the impression that he is a bit of both. He wont score hat loads of goals but his passing, tackling and work rate are all very good. I am led to believe this by a mate who is a keen follower of the SPL. All in all he is a good signing and was just what we were looking for after losing O'Cal.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We took 7,000 to Anfield in 83 on a Sunday afternoon (very unusual for a Sunday game in those days) and I think about 5,000 in the 90s (91?).
I remember a night game in the League cup about 86 and we had less than a thousand (lost 4-0, Paul Walsh hattrick).
PG

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As posted above, the new chairman of Luton gave the impression they aren't going to be forced to sell any more players if they don't want to.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
drew talbot and calvin andrew are suppose to be quite likely to sign for plymouth but they are both playing

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
I went to that, but didn't see Darren Currie. :rant:

Was that the night Steve Penney missed a sitter? If so, I was there as well.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Only watched bit of Lpool v Luton tonight but thought that DC looked pretty anonymous

Maybe he was saving himself for us this Saturday? - fat chance!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here