Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Bent

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You call me a c*** because I question your view of a prem striker who's stats, as you quoted, are 'quite impressive'.
It was tongue in cheek (as explained a bit later). Sorry to have caused offence (if I did).

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
It was tongue in cheek (as explained a bit later). Sorry to have caused offence (if I did).

No probs, just I know DB well and he is one of the most honest, hard working pro's going

When you watch him on a regular basis, you will prob have a different view

No offence taken :thumbsup:

No probs, just I know DB well and he is one of the most honest, hard working pro's going

When you watch him on a regular basis, you will prob have a different view

No offence taken :thumbsup:

Be that as it may (and I'm sure he buys his Mum flowers evry Sunday), as a goalscorer in the Premier League, he is absolute gash.

He's a million pounds more expensive that Allan Shearer was...... ten year ago

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Be that as it may (and I'm sure he buys his Mum flowers evry Sunday), as a goalscorer in the Premier League, he is absolute gash.

He's a million pounds more expensive that Allan Shearer was...... ten year ago

Pretty pathetic quote with the flowers but never mind

All I said was he is a hard working bloke trying to make living, doing the best he can despite the circumstances he has at the moment at spurs

He knows he's not in the same league as Shearer but then who is/was?

unfair comparison IMHO

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
:lolol:
BensGrandad has a point though - regardless of Bent's striking prowess, they could do with less clowns in defence. There was one move (where Adibayor actually missed a sitter himself) where THREE defenders rushed to mark Robinson - leaving Adibayor total unmarked space, and freedom to have a go!

We leak goals for fun, I think its just as much of the midfields fault as the defence.

On paper a defence of Chim Daws Koboul Lee is as good as any, alas games are not won on paper.

Cant really defend Robinson any more, for all the good saves he made on sat they are pretty worthless if his mistake gifts the other side a goal.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Reminds me of the Chris Armstrong signing. Arsenal got Bergkamp so Spurs had to be seen to get a 'top' striker - who turned out to be overpriced and overrated.

Jol was given tons of money in the summer and Bent looks like a desperation signing. Pay lots for him to make the fans believe he really is very very very good. Defoe's much better IMO.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I think Bent is class to be honest, not really going to do too well at spurs until he is given a run of games IMO. Lightening quick and can finish as well as most. 16m is of course over priced but thats what the market is now. Shearer would cost 35 odd million in his prime now-a-days.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
:lolol:

Sorry, obviously didn't make myself very clear (and spelt his name wrong!). I meant Younes Kaboul from Auxerre.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Martin Jol could of spent 16 million on a few new central defenders. Instead of spending out on Darren Bent, who is not worth 16 million anyway. This will and possibly be Martin Jol downfall I'm affraid.

Kaboul was signed and Im not sure Jol could have seen Dawson picking up a knock the day before the season started.

Now if you had said left winger....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He had Defoe (a proven goalscorer when he gets a run of games) why the f*** would anyone want one season wonder Bent? Madness.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He had Defoe (a proven goalscorer when he gets a run of games) why the f*** would anyone want one season wonder Bent? Madness.
Well Bent's scored regularly for the last two season in the Premiership. It still baffles me that people are fooled by Defoe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here