Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Bent

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's wank isn't he.

That's all I wanted to say really, except I cannot believe that Spurs paid £16m for him. Quite unbelievable.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
He's wank isn't he.

That's all I wanted to say really, except I cannot believe that Spurs paid £16m for him. Quite unbelievable.

you watched match of the day then :rolleyes:

pass judgement on a player because of a missed 'sitter'

Simster piles in with a pile of crap AGAIN

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
One mis-hit when on as sub, and he's another Schevchunko?
Not really, Spinster. He's probably an overpriced player, but he's still a goal-getter.
OK, his stats look quite impressive so maybe I'm being a bit hasty.

But in an England shirt (& a Spurs shirt) he looks like the crap brother of Michael Ricketts.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Overpriced, probably, did Spurs need him, not really, is he crap, no, of course he's not.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

But in an England shirt (& a Spurs shirt) he looks like the crap brother of Michael Ricketts.
Given that in both he's had about 45 minutes of game time that is hardly fair. Was a bad miss on Saturday but those are the kind of chances that have been routine for him over the last two years (well more really but two years in the Premiership).

:lolol:
BensGrandad has a point though - regardless of Bent's striking prowess, they could do with less clowns in defence. There was one move (where Adibayor actually missed a sitter himself) where THREE defenders rushed to mark Robinson - leaving Adibayor total unmarked space, and freedom to have a go!

Robinson was beaten by a long shot from the middle in a very recent league game, and in the England v Germany friendly. So, the defence should also have closed the gap before Fabergas prodded that past him.

Spurs are apparently very easy to score against, and will also be profligate in attack - hence their record so far this season, and their lowly league position.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Very profound.
It was tongue in cheek (a quote from Roger Mellie out of Viz which I found amusing at the time)

Maybe I should have told him that I've f***ed his mum instead? Or wished cancer on his family. There's always next time I guess. :thumbsup:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Chimbonda Dawson King Bale should be decent defence with Huddlestone in front. Shame for Spurs that King is clearly taking medical advice from Darren Anderton's doctor and Bale is needed on the left side of midfield. And the other problem that Jol won't play Huddlestone every week.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:lolol:
BensGrandad has a point though - regardless of Bent's striking prowess, they could do with less clowns in defence. There was one move (where Adibayor actually missed a sitter himself) where THREE defenders rushed to mark Robinson - leaving Adibayor total unmarked space, and freedom to have a go!

Robinson was beaten by a long shot from the middle in a very recent league game, and in the England v Germany friendly. So, the defence should also have closed the gap before Fabergas prodded that past him.

Spurs are apparently very easy to score against, and will also be profligate in attack - hence their record so far this season, and their lowly league position.
Correct NMH. Of course it's true that Bent isn't really as crap as I first suggested, but his market value was surely nowhere near the 16mill that Spurs forked out. They could have had 2 or 3 high class defenders for that price.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Bent is frigging useless. There was no need to buy him at all. Defoe is a lot better and his current treatment is poor. He should have gone to Villa or Man City. Taking off both Bale and Malbranque (the only 2 creative players) whilst putting Lennon on the left was moronic. Tottenham are a mess. Jol has done well to get Tottenham into Europe but it is time for someone new. I hate to say it but Arsenal's third goal was awesome.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As a closet Spurs supporter I believe that Martin Jol has made 2 expensive bad buys that he didnt need and has not improved the side Bent and Malbranque. I would have spent the money on Curtis Davis and Matt Taylor. The situation with Ledley King has been on the cards for some time because they have bought a number of central defenders going back to Calem Davenport and not solved the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here