Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Bent to Villa?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Developing transfer news on SSN, suggest Sunderland are reluctantly accepting a bid from Villa (having previously refused them - hints Bent has requested a transfer after being made aware of the interest).

It is being presented as a major news story as if this will change the premier league as we know it.

Over egging it a bit, I think.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
How much?? Bent is a class act, must be £20m+ which is money I didn't think Villa had.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I would be really surprised if this was true.... I thought Villa were very tight with money.... Bent would cost at least 15 mill surely.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Scroll bar saying he handing in transfer request after villa made an £18m bid.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
consistent goalscorer until he got to international level which indicates that you have to set up your team to accomodate him. Makes it more of a risk IMO which is why with an offer that good I think they would have to say yes just as they did with Kenwyne Jones

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Power and pace in abundance and a natural goalscorer, £18 million is great value for Villa if true, he could be the difference between them staying up and going down.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Good signing but odd that he'd go from European challengers to a team battling relegation, his goals would see Villa clear though

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Happy days for Bent's agent.

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Transfer Request handed in by Bent. Didn't he say how much he loved the club and area not so long ago?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
backward step, one place from Europe to one place from relegation. will probably come to regret it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To be fair to Bent, the service he'll get from Young, Downing, Albrighton et al will be some of the best in the Prem and he should have a chance to get his England career back on track.

However, you wonder whether the merry-go-round will see one of Young or Agbonlahor leave the club. Spurs seem to have been courting Young for a while and it seems they've just missed out on Pienaar, although with Bale playing so well down the left I can't see where Young would fit in.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But now with Heskey, Carew, Agbon and Bent they have 4 strikers all of a very similar level of quality. Surely one will leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here