Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Bent to Villa?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Apparently Villa after Robbie Keane also.

Their next forward line up could be

Young, Keane & Bent

Just a thought like,

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You think Pavyluchenko is better than Robbie Keane?!

Er, yeah.

I'd rather have Pav in a one on one with the keeper than Keane. Besides, Keane's relationship with Redknapp has never been the same since the Irish golfing holiday debacle, of which he was ringleader.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Wow, I wasn't expecting that. I like them both, but I think Robbie Keane is absolute quality. I hope he goes somewhere he'll be appreciated, like Newcastle. Keane and Carroll could form a pretty nifty combination.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Keane is way past his best now. The legs are gone. Pavlyuchenko is a very underrated striker who always seems to score despite limited time on the pitch in my opinion. But I don't watch Spurs so I won't pretend to be an expert, that's just how I view them on the tv.

:thumbsup:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Keane is way past his best now. The legs are gone. Pavlyuchenko is a very underrated striker who always seems to score despite limited time on the pitch in my opinion. But I don't watch Spurs so I won't pretend to be an expert, that's just how I view them on the tv.

If you don't watch Spurs, and bearing in mind Keane has barely set foot on the pitch for them anyways, how can you assert that his legs are gone? He hasn't got over the inability to score a one-on-one that has plagued his entire career, but watching him for Ireland he seems more or less as active as he ever was...

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Because whenever I do see him, even last season, he looks like a fraction of the player he once was. He's never had pace but he's got around the pitch well enough. He looks now, to me anyway, to be carrying a bit of weight (by pro footballer standards) and like the sharpness has all but gone. He'll get by playing for Ireland as they don't exactly have great players and play against rubbish teams most of the time, but put him in the Premier League every week and I think he's a below par striker now.

:thumbsup:

This and the bit about the legs & tv above.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Because whenever I do see him, even last season, he looks like a fraction of the player he once was. He's never had pace but he's got around the pitch well enough. He looks now, to me anyway, to be carrying a bit of weight (by pro footballer standards) and like the sharpness has all but gone. He'll get by playing for Ireland as they don't exactly have great players and play against rubbish teams most of the time, but put him in the Premier League every week and I think he's a below par striker now.

Fair enough - although I think he's suffering from a lack of match sharpness more than anything. I daresay I have watched him a bit more than most on here over the last year or so and reckon that if he gets in a team that creates chances, he will get goals a plenty and prove he's got many a year left yet. But thats just my opinion and I could be proven wrong.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
keane has been shit ever since he went to liverpool

pavlyuchenko on the other hand is a class act

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
After another two goals today, he's third top goal scorer so far this season.
Wherever he is, even at a club fighting relegation, he is ALWAYS up there.
Perhaps Chelsea signed the wrong striker...
Top class :clap2:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Did I just hear the commentator right then, that Bent has scored 10 in 6 games against The Arse :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here