Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dark side of the moon appreciation thread!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
at the moment i cant get enough of listening to this legendary album. once i hear the first track i HAVE to hear it all.

obviously its highly redognised as one of the best albums of all time by many but how much do you like it!?:clap2:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I like it a lot. A classic album.

Last edited:

johnnyjetlag

Jul 26, 2004
Although my favourite Floyd song is Wish You Were Here (album version, not live version), Dark Side of the Moon is my favourite album of all time!

The Live8 version of Breathe with the tacked on Breathe Reprise just made me wish Floyd would tour again.

Incredible thing Dark Side...

:smokin:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Try listening to "Dub side of the moon" by the Easy Star All Stars. It's a reggae version, true to the original.

Hear it here

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
johnnyjetlag said:
Although my favourite Floyd song is Wish You Were Here (album version, not live version), Dark Side of the Moon is my favourite album of all time!

The Live8 version of Breathe with the tacked on Breathe Reprise just made me wish Floyd would tour again.

Incredible thing Dark Side...

:smokin:

i agree. there version of comfortably numb was astounding imho.

i love money and 'on the run' at the moment.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
I only listen to Floyd really and D.S.O.T.M is just brilliant.Time,us and them and brain damge really do rock.The final cut is also a very good album but quite depressing.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Obscured by clouds sound track is an outstanding floyd album, well worth a listen if you get the chance.
Even better are Pros and Cons and Radio Kaos...Waters solos...Pure genius.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
the main thing i love is how they made the effort to link the songs all onto each other so well throughtout the album, like one large song. supoib!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
went to see them on the Division Bell tour at Wembley Arena, but the first half they played DSOTM from start to finish. we even had the aeroplane right across the arena. And Sam Browne doing the woah woah wooooh woah wo wooooo voocals. Su-f***ing-perb

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It sounds a little dated to me now. Sorry.

larus

dougdeep said:
It sounds a little dated to me now. Sorry.

Have to disagree there Dougdeep.

I wasthinking to myself when I played it at the weekend how it just doesn't seem to date. Other stuff I've got has (Sabbath, etc), but not this album.

Also, agree with rogue, The Final Cut is a great album, as is Pros & Cons by Waters.

Would love to see them tour - be a wicked night out.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Saw them during the Division Bell tour in 94 at Earl's Court (the night the stand collapsed) and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Seeing Roger Waters do Glasto in 2002 was one of the great hippy experiences of my days. Not sure about the bloke dancing nude though !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here