Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dark side of the moon appreciation thread!

MXL

Jan 29, 2006
on the edge of LDC
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
at the moment i cant get enough of listening to this legendary album. once i hear the first track i HAVE to hear it all.

obviously its highly redognised as one of the best albums of all time by many but how much do you like it!?:clap2:

Have you heard the reggae version called 'Dub side of the moon'?

:smokin:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Got it from the library last month for 90p - naturally, it now features in my cd collection and on my mp3 player.

Marvellous scenes:bowdown:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
My step-daughter took part in the WORLD PREMIERE* of the live orchestral/choral playing of Dark Side of the Moon in January 2006. The orchestra was the Varndean Orchestra, and it took place at the Sallis Benney Theatre, Brighton. She was one of the lead chorists (is that the word?) singing the high-pitched operatic singing on the Great Gig in the Sky.

* Source for World Premiere information: EMI

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
bodyart41rc.jpg

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I went to the first gig where they played the album - at Brighton Dome.

Went back outside afterwards and met the band - had to wait while Dave Gilmour messed around under his MGB though, to get an autograph.

The album is timeless and genre-less, it's a _complete_ musical work.

When centuries have passed, Roger Waters and the Floyd may be spoken of as Beethoven and Chopin are nowadays, as composers of tremendous genius.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It IS timeless. I'm always amazed at the stuff my 13 year old son listens to. As well as liking all the modern bands he's a big Hendrix fan (and he didn't get it from me, I never really liked Hendrix). One day a while back (well before Live8) he came home and said "Dad, have you ever heard of a band called Pink Floyd?" I said "Er, yes!" and proceeded to list their albums from Piper at the Gates of Dawn onward. When I got to Dark side of the Moon he interrupted me excitedly "Have we got Dark side of the moon? I've just heard it at Fred's house and it's brilliant!"

He often finds stuff on the Internet and can't believe how old it is. It's quite interesting that 30 years after punk thrust us into the dark ages by sneering at creativity a new generation are finally throwing off the shackles.

(Hope Attila sees that!)

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
The Australian Pink Floyd are on in Brighton 22nd April, get your tickets, Excellent night out.:clap2:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Eggmundo said:
The Australian Pink Floyd are on in Brighton 22nd April
What are they called? Pink Bruce? :down:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
NMH said:
I went to the first gig where they played the album - at Brighton Dome.

Can't argue with that .:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here