Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dark, disturbing but great films

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
The Saw series? Though the first one was the best as it was a total mind f*** at the time. The rest just turned into "Lets see how gory we can get"

Exactly this. Because of all the latter films, you forget how brilliant the first one was. It was a f***ing masterpiece for me. Shocking, twisted, dark and utterly disturbing.

Apart from this, for dark, disturbing and great, Seven immediately springs to mind.

Arlington Road is another. Disturbing twist at the end.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Exactly this. Because of all the latter films, you forget how brilliant the first one was. It was a f***ing masterpiece for me. Shocking, twisted, dark and utterly disturbing.

Apart from this, for dark, disturbing and great, Seven immediately springs to mind.

Arlington Road is another. Disturbing twist at the end.

At the time it was something totally different. The first was really a film that you could not put together till the very end. Brilliant film. The 2nd one was pretty good as well, but after that it went downhill for me

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Warzone. Ray Winstone.Directed by Tim Roth. Disturbing tale of rural incest perpetrated by Winstone on his daughter. Excellent film but thoroughly disturbing.
A film I think was called Une Chien, features the notorious scene of the actor slicing his eyeball with a razorblade. The Pixies sang about it.
Henry:portrait of a serial killer was grimy as all hell but good.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh,The Return. A Russian film. The ending is a headfuck but one of my favourite films of last few years.

Angel Heart

Good call, very creepy. Could I put forward "The Others" - where else will you get a future Dr Who, an English comedy legend and Nicole Kidman in the same film? Also the original of "The Stepford Wives". Low on gore and graphic nastiness, high on atmosphere and creepiness.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The sound of music..... Nazi persecution of children and nuns. Upsetting stuff.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
In no particular order..

Hostel
Human Centipede
I spit on your grave,first one.
Films to watch back to back..
Teeth and Hard Candy
The Audition and Battle royale.
Final Destination
Clockwork Orange
Strawdogs, first one.
Evil dead 2.
Natural born Killers
Hannibal rising and Red Dragon.
Basket Case.
Island Paradisso

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Just watched Isolated. Pretty disturbing as it's about calves just being born with foetuses in and infecting humans etc. Quite good.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Antichrist

Chapter Three: Despair (Gynocide): He finds his wife's thesis studies- pictures of witch-hunts and a scrap-book filled with articles and notes on misogynist topics. Her writing becomes more frantic and illegible as the pages go on. It is revealed that, while writing her thesis, she came to believe that all women are inherently evil. He is repulsed by this and reproaches her for buying into the gynocidal beliefs she had originally set out to criticize. She asks him to hit her during sex. At first he resists, but when she flees into the woods and begins masturbating underneath a large tree he chases after her and half-heartedly complies. While they make love numerous hands are seen emerging from the roots of the tree. (This image was subsequently adapted into the principal promotional art for the film.) He goes on to study Nick's autopsy report which states the bones in both of the child's feet were oddly deformed. The doctors at the time did not assign any importance to this fact as it was unrelated to the child's death. Finding numerous photographs of Nick in which his boots are on the wrong feet, he becomes increasingly agitated. This bizarre revelation has sinister undertones regarding his wife, who had been alone with the boy at the time the pictures were taken. At this moment she attacks him and accuses him of planning to leave her. She disrobes, mounts him, and then unexpectedly crushes his testicles with a block of wood. While he is unconscious from the pain, she goes on to masturbate him until he orgasms, ejaculating blood. Then, to prevent him from leaving, she drills a hole through his leg and bolts a heavy grind-stone through the wound. She tosses the wrench she used under the cabin where he cannot find it. He wakes up, finds himself alone, and drags himself outside. He hears her screaming for him, so he drags himself into a fox-hole to hide. As she searches for him he finds a crow buried alive in the fox-hole. The crow starts cawing loudly and repetitively, which lets her find his hiding spot. He beats the crow over and over, but it will not die. She finds him and tries to pull him out. She is unsuccessful and goes on to retrieve a shovel to inflict more pain while he lies in the fox hole, now partially buried alive.

Freaked me....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here