Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Wilson

Stumpy Tim

Anyone noticed the job Danny Wilson has done at MK Dons. They're 10 games unbeaten & now 6 points clear of relegation. I know people don't like what's happened with that club, but you have to admire what Danny has done with them - they were a mess before he came along. Wouldn't be surprised to see them challenge for the play-offs next season, while Brizzle City must be kicking themselves for letting him go.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him lead the Albion out at Falmer one day

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
He's far too good for a club like the MK Dons. I'm surprised that no one else was willing to take him on after he was sacked from Bristol City, but I guess him and his teams were viewed as perennial chokers at the time.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I rate DW highly as a manager (Bristol City haven't done any better since he left - with a load more players too). Still think he'd be our manager now if we'd been allowed to speak to him when Peter Taylor left.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not sure about him just yet.
However Im pretty sure he will be our manager at some stage in the future.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I think City would have been promoted this year if they had stuck with him. Good luck to Danny, hope he moves back up to better things.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I hope Attila is paying attention to the terrific job that Wilson is doing in Milton Keynes. And I hope he's getting my £500 ready too.

:lolol: :thumbsup: :lolol:

There are strong rumours that DW is off from the franchise scum as soon as they are safe from relegation. He's on a rolling 12 month there and can basically walk whenever he wants.

Wish the sod hadn't almost saved the franchise shite though :nono:, AFCW were promoted on Saturday though :clap:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Danny Wilson is a quality manager - I know Yorkie disagrees because of his time at Sheffield Wed, but his record stands up.

At Bristol City, they improved every season - finishing 3rd twice in succession. Now he's gone and Bristol are a mess, despite having one of the most talented goalscorers outside the Premiership.

He got Barnsley promoted to the top flight on a shoestring and now he's steering the franchise to safety. His only blip was at Sheffield.

If McGhee ever walked (and I hope he doesn't), I'd be very happy to see Wilson at Albion.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
GUNTER said:
I think City would have been promoted this year if they had stuck with him. Good luck to Danny, hope he moves back up to better things.
for sure

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Wilson's problem at Wednesday was handling the big names. He had Di Canio and Carbone - not the easiest players in the dressing room. He has more experience now as well. I would love to see him at the Albion at some point.

johnwells

Jan 6, 2005
He was my choice before Peter Taylor, and certainly beforer Mark McGhee,have always had a soft spot for Danny , good luck to him

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Simster said:
Danny Wilson is a quality manager - I know Yorkie disagrees because of his time at Sheffield Wed, but his record stands up.

At Bristol City, they improved every season - finishing 3rd twice in succession. Now he's gone and Bristol are a mess, despite having one of the most talented goalscorers outside the Premiership.

He got Barnsley promoted to the top flight on a shoestring and now he's steering the franchise to safety. His only blip was at Sheffield.

If McGhee ever walked (and I hope he doesn't), I'd be very happy to see Wilson at Albion.

Let's face it though, everybody since Trevor Francis has failed at Sheffield Wednesday....

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Danny Wilson is my all time favourite Albion player, I won't be popular in saying this but I have watched the progress he has made with MK Dons and am secretly pleased for him, I would love to think he might return to the Albion as manager sometime in the future. A good honest player, a good honest manager.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
This time next season mk dons will have bigger crowds than us:nono:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Have MK Dons got the go-ahead to build a new stadium?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
mr turd said:
This time next season mk dons will have bigger crowds than us

They had over 7,000 the other week for their home game against Swindon.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
BUTTERBALL said:
Wilson was an outstanding midfielder for us, the best I have seen at the club along with Case during my time of watching the Albion.

Can't argue with that. He was real quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here