Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Wilson

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Simster said:
Danny Wilson is a quality manager - I know Yorkie disagrees because of his time at Sheffield Wed, but his record stands up.

At Bristol City, they improved every season - finishing 3rd twice in succession. Now he's gone and Bristol are a mess, despite having one of the most talented goalscorers outside the Premiership.

He got Barnsley promoted to the top flight on a shoestring and now he's steering the franchise to safety. His only blip was at Sheffield.

If McGhee ever walked (and I hope he doesn't), I'd be very happy to see Wilson at Albion.

He never actually got Bristol City promoted though did he?

I liked him as a player but seeing his interviews as a manager both at Barnsley and Sheff Wed, he was always so negative. He wouldn't inspire me in the same way that Micky or McGhee would. He's more in the mould of Coppell and for that reason I think he will be a 'nearly' man.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Yorkie said:
He never actually got Bristol City promoted though did he?

I liked him as a player but seeing his interviews as a manager both at Barnsley and Sheff Wed, he was always so negative. He wouldn't inspire me in the same way that Micky or McGhee would. He's more in the mould of Coppell and for that reason I think he will be a 'nearly' man.

Oh, you are so biased Yorkie. I'll tell you what MM would love to have half of the salary that Danny (and Micky turned down) is enjoying at Milton Keynes.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
What has money got to do with managerial ability?

I wish MM could have a great salary. I wish we already had Falmer and the income from 20000 regular fans to be able to pay him that amount.

I suppose I am biased because Ned was a Wednesday supporter and I went to Hillsborough with him, read the programme notes and saw a fair bit of DW on Yorkshire Tv both as Barnsley manager and SW manager.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
BUTTERBALL said:
Wilson was an outstanding midfielder for us, the best I have seen at the club along with Case during my time of watching the Albion.

I can't comment on DW as a player for Brighton. But when he played for Wednesday there were 10 players on the team plus DW in a world of his own with not a clue about what was going on around him. As the manager at Hillsborough his style was much the same, so I have my reservations BUT as has been said he has more experience now and I for one am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Let us see how he fares with franchise FC for the next season or two.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Waterhall Wizard said:
Well done lass. It's good to get it off of your chest.

Yorkie's chest is nobody's business but mine OK :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Ned Ludd said:
I can't comment on DW as a player for Brighton. But when he played for Wednesday there were 10 players on the team plus Danny Wilson

I can understand that. He was often in a class of his own when he played for the Albion. Top quality player and one of Cattlin's best buys.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Waterhall Wizard said:
I can understand that. He was often in a class of his own when he played for the Albion. Top quality player and one of Cattlin's best buys.

Biased posting? ;) :lolol:

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I have heard mutterings that Barnsley were after him after they sacked Paul Hart. I don't know if Danny turned them down flat, but Andy Ritchie is only in charge until the end of the season. I think he's a top bloke & always enquired about the situation at the Albion when I saw him at Barnsley games.

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

Gully said:
Danny Wilson is my all time favourite Albion player, I won't be popular in saying this but I have watched the progress he has made with MK Dons and am secretly pleased for him, I would love to think he might return to the Albion as manager sometime in the future. A good honest player, a good honest manager.

I agree with that. Especially as I lived in Milton Keynes for a couple of years too. I think it's very sad what happened to Wimbledon, but I also think the fan really cocked up by not fighting it & just setting up their own club instead

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here