Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Cullips contract terminated by QPR

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
IMO he would make a massive difference, plenty of experience now, get him ASAP!!!

Him and curry back would be a right touch for the rest of the season...

The need for others to quote hilarious bring back x player....jokes is not needed....

ack

Apr 20, 2006
The guy was immense and totaly commited in the shirt,sign to end of season if poss,and evaluate from there.Butters is class but lacking the pace now against the upcoming kids in this league.Ye can see Forest and N Tyson on fri working him for pace.Guy's a legend but time moves on and injurys dictate the need for another class defender.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
I think that with time, the memory dims. I saw Cullip beaten for pace many times and his ploy then was to pull back, trip or just block. He was a bully boy who would never hold up his hand if he made a mistake, but instead would blame others, usually, one of the younger players.

Want him back, you've gotta be f***ing joking.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Put simply, he would be a 5th choice centre back in my book, and do nothing for team spirit and moral... so, no thanks.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think that with time, the memory dims. I saw Cullip beaten for pace many times and his ploy then was to pull back, trip or just block.

i was thinking that, Cullip was not known for pace when those years younger. i loved cullip back in the day, but dont think he would suit now. he did leave expecting he was going on to better things, so i doubt very much he would want to come back as a player anyway.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
1. Why was his contract terminated by QPR?
2. Why would he want to return to BHA?
3. Why would BHA want him back?
4. Do we need him?
5. Can we get anyone better?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bring him back - unfortunately Butters is past it now and gets shown up by anyone quicker than walking pace, a good player that will improve the squad and provide more competition,

+ He always gave 100%, still lives locally and also a leader on the field

We have enough players who can give 100% what we need if we sign anybody is some with skill as well and Cullip does not have that.

He lives locally does he? His house in Newick has a to let sign outside of it.

We have a leader on the field in George O Callaghan and I would rather we signed him permanently, rather than somebody who showwed when we were in the Championship that he wasnt good enough mind you other mangers signed him and then realised the same. We hope to be in The Championship next season so we need players who are better than him.

I certainly do not think that he is better than Elphick or Lynch and on the last 3 or 4 games in the centre of defence El Abd.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Him and curry back would be a right touch for the rest of the season...

No, no they wouldn't. We have strength in depth at the back and they are a lot younger.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Cullip is apart from anything else, injury prone. He spent a fair bit of time on the treatment table when he was here and now he's older that won't improve. His temperament fitted the style of Micky Adams but I don't think he would fit in with the current set up both off and on the field.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Leon Knight was a leading goalscorer on the field - let's get him back.
While we're at it, let's try for Nathan Jones, still makes the grade.
Currie, yer, lots of people raving and drooling about him...... in fact, lets just get everyone who we ever had playing in an Albion shirt, back at the club.

:dunce: :jester: :genius:
.....and Lee Steele has started knocking them in for Northwich. Bring him back !!!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Cullip or no Cuillip we need to bring someone in in that position as Hinshelwood, Lynch and Elphick make Paul Kitson look like the epitomy of physical fitness.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We don't always need to look at former players.

There are other ones out there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we re-sign Cullip it would be a backward step, it won't happen

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
No!

Legend as he was, Wilkins has moved us on now and it's a new era - can't really see him signing Cullip when we have a partnership of Lynch and Elphick blossoming. Suggesting we sign him as a benchwarmer is laughable. Could you really see him being content with that? Then there are wages to think about. And as for providing an experienced head - we already have big Guy.

Good luck to Danny and I hope he gets his career back on track soon but giving him a contract would be a mistake imo.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Cullip or no Cuillip we need to bring someone in in that position as Hinshelwood, Lynch and Elphick make Paul Kitson look like the epitomy of physical fitness.

Don't exaggerate much do you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here