Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Cullip

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Someone may be on the wind up, but there is a rumour on the argus that Mcphee is coming back....

Plays in midfield for Ebbsfleet ?

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Of course i think we should sign DC - he was different class...

gs71

Nov 26, 2007
I don't think Danny would come back now especially after reading a lot of the fans slating him on this site

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I don't think Danny would come back now especially after reading a lot of the fans slating him on this site

I know that Danny would love to come back to the Albion, and that he would not demand high wages to return, he just wants to get back to playing football again, he still lives locally and loves the club and the area, and he is available, a good option to sign, even if just til the end of the season, especially if we have El-Abd now playing in midfield for several weeks due to injuries to Reid and Fraser, His experience would be an asset, and help especially as we have a congested fixture list coming up.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
and he can go on a free straight away. DC was a great player for us but is not the future

And Butters (now in his very late 30's), was over the last few years? yet he has done well for us hasn't he

Bring Cullip back now, he still has lots to offer

Last edited:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Bullying?

Don't you mean someone showing some passion about the game, who wants us to win? surely a good thing!

Totally agree, met him not so long back in HHeath, really nice bloke. Seemed genuinely interested in BHA still. Would love him back as someone to come in if we need him, his experience would be a big benefit, if only till the end of the season.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Bullying?

Don't you mean someone showing some passion about the game, who wants us to win? surely a good thing!

Yeah if thats all it is, however the way he treated some of the younger players on the pitch was a disgrace at times. I don't think its a coincidence the defence looked better after he left.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
On the point of old players coming back in - there seems to be an on-going rumor about McPhee. Can anyone shed any light on this? I've asked on the Argus site but had no joy. I think its possible as DW was a big fan in the days of the youth team and pushed him forward for his debut at 16 years of age.
Even if there is some truth i don't think they'd be keen to let him go though.
From the Ebbsfleet site:
". . .Chris is an extremely versatile player who, despite being signed as a striker, has played right back, right midfield and centre midfield for the Fleet and shone in all positions"

???
The guy is playing at Ebbsfleet for a reason.....and I wonder what that is ??

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Yeah if thats all it is, however the way he treated some of the younger players on the pitch was a disgrace at times. I don't think its a coincidence the defence looked better after he left.

looks better, when are you basing that on? this season, last season? when? - Our defense when Danny was here the defense was solid, didn't the clubs record clean sheets in a row get beaten when Cullip was playing, and hasn't there been moans about the defence, and certain players in it over the last 2 seasons

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
FFS we do not need Cullip at all we are fine without that bully

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
looks better, when are you basing that on? this season, last season? when? - Our defense when Danny was here the defense was solid, didn't the clubs record clean sheets in a row get beaten when Cullip was playing, and hasn't there been moans about the defence, and certain players in it over the last 2 seasons

The season he left, and we stayed up in the championship. I would suggest one of the reasons there have been problems since then is we lost players like Harding and Virgo and Hinshelwood had his knee injuries. We went on a 7 league game unbeaten run after he left, the main reason that was broken was because we lost Kuipers to injury for the season.

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The season he left, and we stayed up in the championship. I would suggest one of the reasons there have been problems since then is we lost players like Harding and Virgo and Hinshelwood had his knee injuries.

Virgo played up front, Harding was error prone, he did well for the England under 21's,(but would he have been selected if Peter Taylor wasn't the manager of the u21's?) but he was average for us, Hinshelwood has only had short spells in the team before injury struck, - try again

So for us to get to the championship, didn't our defense have to be pretty solid to win the promotion in the first place while Danny was playing - he was a vocal player, and organised the defense, something that we have definately missed at times since he left

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Hinsh played 40 games for us in that championship season before we lost him to injury in March. Swap Virgo for Reid in that case who was solid and whilst Harding may have been error prone (and I would certainly agree he was) we did miss him for a long time when he left.

Yes for us to get in the championship the defence had to be solid and Cullip was an integral part of it (As was Roberts, Harding ect). However that was 3/4 years ago when Cullip was only 27/28 - he is now 31 and not what we need to go forward.

I dont think we are likely to agree on this, Cullip (In my opinion) didn't cope with Championship football and would be a retrograde step if thats where we are looking to go next year.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here