Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daniel Harding

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
At the beginning of this season I was critical of Harding but since then he has done well and started to look like the player Peter Taylor seems to think he is.

Tonight he did not have one of his best games BUT he was by no means the worst of our players and the abuse he was getting from the crowd and criticism he received on the phone in was ridiculous and screams of fans finding a scapegoat.

He missplaced a few passes. So did everyone.

He missed a few tackles. Who on our team did not?

It seems to me that whenever Harding does something wrong he is slated. When Butters miskicked the ball straight out it is ok. If Harding does it then he is obviously shit and should be sold at the first chance.

If Harding does not use his right foot he is crap. If a right footed player scuffs it with his left it is probably Harding's fault as well.

People need to start getting behind him because he is a young player who obviously has talent but will not want to stay playing for a set of fans who pin all their frustrations on him.

Hadsy

Mar 11, 2005
Patcham
sorry, hav 2 disagree. i feel hes strongly overrated and has not really performed in the games ive seen. i know ppl go evry wk and so may see him play well, but i just cant see the appeal. if hes keeping baines out of u21s then theres something up

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Morris in sticking up for players shock! :thud:

Worst player today...shown up time after time by their pacey winger.

At the moment I'm in the mindset that we should cash in on his over-hyped reputation and hang on for as much money as we can in a tribunal at the end of the season.

Although on today's perfomance I imagine he'd find it tricky to find anyone interested in giving him a game.

Come on Dan you're better than this...show us what your made of!!!!!

Having seen Leighton Baines for the first time, you can understand why Peter Taylor prefers Dan Harding. That's one short-arse left-back.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Richie Morris said:
At the beginning of this season I was critical of Harding but since then he has done well and started to look like the player Peter Taylor seems to think he is.

Tonight he did not have one of his best games BUT he was by no means the worst of our players and the abuse he was getting from the crowd and criticism he received on the phone in was ridiculous and screams of fans finding a scapegoat.

It seems to me that whenever Harding does something wrong he is slated. When Butters miskicked the ball straight out it is ok. If Harding does it then he is obviously shit and should be sold at the first chance.

If Harding does not use his right foot he is crap. If a right footed player scuffs it with his left it is probably Harding's fault as well.

People need to start getting behind him because he is a young player who obviously has talent but will not want to stay playing for a set of fans who pin all their frustrations on him.

Totally agree. He is often the scapegoat. Tonight I thought he had one or two good moments in what was an all round dreadful night for the defence. He is a young player, let's give him a bit of encouragement for a change.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
He was no worse than anyone else last night. Bit suspectable against pace but his positioning will improve with time.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
He was no worse than anyone else last night. Bit suspectable against pace but his positioning will improve with time.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
He had a very mixed game last night, some great tackles and then some poor passing but then so was the rest of the team. I agree with Richie, get behind the lad and encourage him. His best performances come when he's full of confidence so lets build him up not put him down. If anything I felt he was trying too hard last night.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think we need to find a new left back for next season as neither Harding or Mayo seem to be able to cope with fast tricky wingers. I don't think Mayo would have been any better than Harding last night.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Harding was poor. I was amazed for the second goal he has his arm up for offside when it was he who was playing them all on. He was making basic school boy errors all evening, particularly when he was continuosly caught on the wrong side of players. But his performance is not helped by Leon not tracking back or staying with his marker. I think they both need to take a good long look at themselves and decide whether they want to be with us or not. If they do then they need to buckle down, if not well.....

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The problem was that Teale is one of the best attacking wingers in this league and, as Uncle Buck points out, Leon left Harding exposed a lot. Yes Leon ran about and chased back which was great but often he got sucked into more central positions albeit trying to help Oatway and Nicolas out. Leaving Harding two on one aginst their full back and Teale was NEVER going to be a good idea was it.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Harding is the officially designated defensive scapegoat. Was he at fault for the goals no. Was he being overrun on the left, yes. Why was he being overrun? 1) Knight was providing no cover against the pacy winger, who'd cause problems for better players than Harding, 2) Harding was constantly being dragged across to cover Butters who struggled to cope with the pace and movement of their front pair.

larus

Richie Morris said:

Good call Richie.

As for being exposed by pacy, tricky wingers. Hmmmm, now why do you think teams play people if they are fast, tricky and skilful?

Oh wait, I've just got it. Perhaps because they are difficult to mark and cause problems against defenders. So DH is crap because he's 21, still fairly inexperienced and occasionally will get caught out of position or miss a tackle.

Give the lad a chance please. He went through a bad spell leading up to Christmas, and since then he's played well. OK, he makes the occasional mistake, but if he's got LK in fron of him he's going to be more exposed than Reid will, as Hart defends better than LK.

If McGhee thinks he's good enough, I will take his opinion over ANYONE else on here.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I really think Mayo is more solid than Harding although I agree last nite he probably would have been run ragged.

Quite clearly Harding is a confidence player when the team plays well he plays well. I also think Harding is better suited in left midfield as opposed to an out and out left back.

Maybe its me but we seemed more solid with both Mayo and Harding on the left side.

However if I had a choice between the two I would pick Mayo everytime as we are in the sh1t and we need our most EXPERIENCED left back on the field. By this I mean used to promotion and relegation dog fights. Not under 21 bit part appearances.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Lord Bracknell said:
He put in at least two superb tackles to deny Wigan opportunities to bear down on goal.

true, he is such an enigma. I think his talent is not in question and we have to put down last night as character building. he came up against an excellent winger and although he was soundly beaten on a few occasions i thought he stuck to his task well and despite the mistakes can take heart from it.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I really think Mayo is more solid than Harding although I agree last nite he probably would have been run ragged.

Quite clearly Harding is a confidence player when the team plays well he plays well. I also think Harding is better suited in left midfield as opposed to an out and out left back.

Maybe its me but we seemed more solid with both Mayo and Harding on the left side.

However if I had a choice between the two I would pick Mayo everytime as we are in the sh1t and we need our most EXPERIENCED left back on the field. By this I mean used to promotion and relegation dog fights. Not under 21 bit part appearances.

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here