Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daniel Harding

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
has stuggled against quality wide players all season...fact
but sometimes need to just relax on the football and look for leon with an easy ball. Played better as did the whole team second half

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I thought Harding was turned inside out on a few occassions but equally a couple of his tackles were superb. Given that he was playing in a team where his senior players seemed lacking in confidence and basic ball skills (how many times did others give away the ball?) I thought the barracking of Harding was not on.

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
Harding was very poor tonight...but he's also clearly a talented player. Defenders need time to become good players in a way that forwards for example don't. Forwards can play from instinct, defenders need to be drilled into a unit, need to be able to physically cope with strikers and to learn positional play.

I think he will be a very good player in two or three years although that will probably be with another club. The stick he gets is unfair and blinkered.

Using another left back as an example Ashley Cole couldn't defend to save his life when he broke into the Arsenal team , so I wonder when Dan's meeting with Roman is then? :lolol:

He does look far too exposed when facing any kind of pace. He is still young, will develop in to a better player, but just had a few too many poor games so far this season.

If he stays in the summer I'm sure we will benefit long term, however if he goes and we get a few quid so be it.

I am firmly a Harding neutral.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
After last night, i think it clear that he stuggles as a out and out left back and is better in wing back or even midfield role. The whole team seem to be better in 3-5-2 formation much more solid. And as for having a go at LK he was the only one asking for the ball (usually screaming for the thing) and put some great balls in the box not bad for a striker being played completly out of postion

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I really think Mayo is more solid than Harding although I agree last nite he probably would have been run ragged.

Quite clearly Harding is a confidence player when the team plays well he plays well. I also think Harding is better suited in left midfield as opposed to an out and out left back.

Maybe its me but we seemed more solid with both Mayo and Harding on the left side.

However if I had a choice between the two I would pick Mayo everytime as we are in the sh1t and we need our most EXPERIENCED left back on the field. By this I mean used to promotion and relegation dog fights. Not under 21 bit part appearances.

Thats the one

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
brightonfan_86 said:
Last night he got sucked in alot and lost his man a through times, and his passing was shocking. I would like to see Mayo back in the side on Monday.

Mayo was far worse at Plymouth than Harding was last night - unless you're going to play Watson, I think Dan's the only real choice there at the moment.

As previously pointed out, the system we've been playing recently does leave you exposed on the left - Leon works his socks off, but simply isn't a defensive player, leaving Harding isolated. There were many worse players than Harding last night I thought.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If people are making Harding the scapegoat of all Albions ills perhaps he needs to take a long hard look at the part his agent is playing?

Constant stories fed to the media bigging him up as the greatest left back ever seen and claiming that all the big clubs are clamouring for his signature, and how lucky a piffling minnow like Brighton are to have him.

Dan needs to look a little deeper than his own mediocre performances. Having said that i cannot condone focusing on his errors whilst others are granted immunity i.e. Butters looked very jades last night despite a pretty solid season.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
METALMICKY said:
If people are making Harding the scapegoat of all Albions ills perhaps he needs to take a long hard look at the part his agent is playing?

Constant stories fed to the media bigging him up as the greatest left back ever seen and claiming that all the big clubs are clamouring for his signature, and how lucky a piffling minnow like Brighton are to have him.

Dan needs to look a little deeper than his own mediocre performances. Having said that i cannot condone focusing on his errors whilst others are granted immunity i.e. Butters looked very jades last night despite a pretty solid season.

Butters was out of sorts last night but that is the exception.

Harding is consistently poor. Baines must've been pissing himself last night.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Thing is Ritchie, whatever you say he has shit taste in music.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Infernal Optimist said:
Harding was very poor tonight...but he's also clearly a talented player. Defenders need time to become good players in a way that forwards for example don't. Forwards can play from instinct, defenders need to be drilled into a unit, need to be able to physically cope with strikers and to learn positional play.

I think he will be a very good player in two or three years although that will probably be with another club. The stick he gets is unfair and blinkered.

Using another left back as an example Ashley Cole couldn't defend to save his life when he broke into the Arsenal team , so I wonder when Dan's meeting with Roman is then? :lolol:

One of the most sensible comments ive read on this board. :clap:

Even Rio Ferdinand was suspect untill he was about 22/23.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Another Berkshire Seagull said:
Worst player today...shown up time after time by their pacey winger.

At the moment I'm in the mindset that we should cash in on his over-hyped reputation and hang on for as much money as we can in a tribunal at the end of the season.

Although on today's perfomance I imagine he'd find it tricky to find anyone interested in giving him a game.

Come on Dan you're better than this...show us what your made of!!!!!

Didnt help that he had a forward in front of him

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Lord Bracknell said:
He put in at least two superb tackles to deny Wigan opportunities to bear down on goal.
and gave at least 4 goals away.:lolol:

no realistocly 2 were his fault. and he was crap all the way through

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here