Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
_wilka_ said:
Lynch is twice the player Harding is. Strong in the tackle, reads the game well and good in the air.

Slipsd over at key times to cost goals in a relegation game, caught out going forward in another game.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
As soon as Peter Taylor picked him for the U21's his head disappeared up his own arse. This also coincided with him playing like an absolute twat.

portmanking

Jul 27, 2006
BarrelofFun said:
Portmanking - Are there also rumours that Currie might be moving in the opposite direction, perhaps with Harding as a makeweight?

I would be sad to see Harding move again as we are not entitled to a sell on fee and we would lose out on potentially £200,000 (circa).

Yeah Currie switching is a possibility. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. You guys robbed us, 250k was an absolutely amazing deal for you guys.

He's an absolute liability, only in the team for his set pieces and even those hit the first man 9 out of 10 times!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
BarrelofFun said:
:clap2: :clap2: Nice!

I wonder what Ipswich are willing to pay or will he be a makeweight for Currie and unvalued???

I imagine so. I wouldn't have thought their values are that different, so if they were both worth say £1m, they drop both official valuations by £600k and we get shafted. Just like with Zamora.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
portmanking said:
Yeah Currie switching is a possibility. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. You guys robbed us, 250k was an absolutely amazing deal for you guys.

He's an absolute liability, only in the team for his set pieces and even those hit the first man 9 out of 10 times!

Disagree. I saw the tractor boys play Saints at St.Mary's. Alan Lee was good and scored two, but Currie was the best player on the pitch by miles. If he had any pace he would have been a good Premiership player.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
Slipsd over at key times to cost goals in a relegation game, caught out going forward in another game.
Crewe?

He got done by Nathan Dyer for the winner at Southampton, but considering it was his debut and he'd handled him excellently all afternoon until that point it was forgiveable - a player like Dyer will usually beat a defender at least once no matter how well they play, unfortunately for Joel it ended up a goal.

Those are the only mistakes I can think of, and he looks a much bigger prospect than Harding in my view. He adapted to the Championship like a duck to water, at 18, and showed all the characteristics of a great defender, strength, pace, tackling, great reading of the game. When playing CB for the yoof he distributed the ball very well too.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Coventry? Was caught way out of postion.

Like I said I rate him and he will become a good player but there seems to be a element of rose tinted glasses about him when compairing him to Harding.

modell

Sep 13, 2005
Brighton
I liked him. That promotion year of Virgs-Cullip-Butters-Harding was rock solid. Alright, performances dropped off and he left the club badly and i enjoyed calling him a wanker at Elland Rd, but he was good once hence the big fee...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Silent Bob said:

Those are the only mistakes I can think of, and he looks a much bigger prospect than Harding in my view.

To be rated better than Harding on this board, is akin to being considered a better baby-sitter than Myra Hindley.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Decent player, with reasonable pace, but I was always very uncomfortable when he came up against a genuine winger. A right midfielder getting forward occasionally, was alright, but a winger pushed forward at getting at or behind him tended to have him all over the place.

I preferred him in left midfield, where he could use his pace to offer decent cover to the left-back.

portmanking

Jul 27, 2006
hans kraay fan club said:
Disagree. I saw the tractor boys play Saints at St.Mary's. Alan Lee was good and scored two, but Currie was the best player on the pitch by miles. If he had any pace he would have been a good Premiership player.

He is too inconsistent to be a Premiership player too. Far too often people aren't on the same wavelength as him. He slows down our attacks with his insistence of beating the same man 60 million times before whipping a ball into the box when the opposition have got all their men back.

Can't header, can't tackle, won't track back. He's basically in a world of his own once he's out on the pitch.

If he had pace he would be a very good Championship player. As it stands he's adequate at best now, and I'd be delighted to see him sold for a profit.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
portmanking said:
He is too inconsistent to be a Premiership player too. Far too often people aren't on the same wavelength as him. He slows down our attacks with his insistence of beating the same man 60 million times before whipping a ball into the box when the opposition have got all their men back.

Can't header, can't tackle, won't track back. He's basically in a world of his own once he's out on the pitch.

If he had pace he would be a very good Championship player. As it stands he's adequate at best now, and I'd be delighted to see him sold for a profit.

Well, we would have been delighted to have been able to keep Currie, became an instant favourite here. But quarter of a million quid instant profit was far too much for the club to turn down. Good bit of business.

IMHO Harding will be in your reserves by Christmas and put up for sale in the January transfer window.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
Coventry? Was caught way out of postion.

Like I said I rate him and he will become a good player but there seems to be a element of rose tinted glasses about him when compairing him to Harding.

So thats a grand total of 2 mistakes that cost us goals. For an 18 year old thats pretty damn good playing 1 level below the premier league with the worst team in the league.

I can think of 2 from Harding without trying, the best was playing a 3 yard pass straight to a Swindon player in the PO semi. To this day have no clue what he thought he was going achieve with that pass.

And the other decent one has to be when he had the ball on the byline 25 yards out and managed to fall over when Akyinby gave him probably the lightest shoulder barge I have ever seen.

Both of those costing quite important goals.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
So thats a grand total of 2 mistakes that cost us goals. For an 18 year old thats pretty damn good playing 1 level below the premier league with the worst team in the league.

I can think of 2 from Harding without trying, the best was playing a 3 yard pass straight to a Swindon player in the PO semi. To this day have no clue what he thought he was going achieve with that pass.

And the other decent one has to be when he had the ball on the byline 25 yards out and managed to fall over when Akyinby gave him probably the lightest shoulder barge I have ever seen.

Both of those costing quite important goals.
but scored the winner at home to rotherham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here