Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What difference does it make? They both scored winners in importat games, one season we were able to stay up and one we were not.

I understand what you're saying about people being too harsh on Harding, but being too harsh on Lynch is hardly the answer. :glare:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
Im not like I said I rate him - just pointing out that Lynch is not better than Harding.

I think if anyone outside of Brighton had a choice between Lynch and Harding they would have Lynch 8 times out of 10. Lynch has been a better player for us than Harding was IMO.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Lynch and Harding are different types of players, saying that Lynch made the similar type of mistakes last season that Harding made the one before and they are all down to lack of experience AND the lack of any sort of leader on the pitch.

Whilst Harding is young, has pace and plays in a well organised side he will always do well, particularly against the majority of wingers who wont beat him for pace.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Rougvie said:
Lynch and Harding are different types of players, saying that Lynch made the similar type of mistakes last season that Harding made the one before and they are all down to lack of experience AND the lack of any sort of leader on the pitch.

Whilst Harding is young, has pace and plays in a well organised side he will always do well, particularly against the majority of wingers who wont beat him for pace.

They do make similar mistakes, But not with the same alarming regularity. Harding didn't exactly play well in a well orgainsed Leeds side against us did he? And they have a natural leader. If they were both here then im fairly sure that Harding would be sat on the bench.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
DAMANCLAY said:
They do make similar mistakes, But not with the same alarming regularity. Harding didn't exactly play well in a well orgainsed Leeds side against us did he? And they have a natural leader. If they were both here then im fairly sure that Harding would be sat on the bench.

but according to Leeds fans had a good season.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
From what I've heard opinion is very much divided on him - the same as it is here. Blackwell obviously prefers Stephen "slow boat to China" Crainey though.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:

I can only comment on the games ive seen really. If he had a good season then fair play to him. I didn't think he had played that many games?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Frustrating player IMHO, however one who undoubtedly has great potential if he could keep his mind on the job, as opposed to his next large contract. Made a lot of mistakes for us, but you could see the ability was underneath, as long as he concentrated.

Would probably have learnt something of a lesson at Leeds, and should make a success of it at a club like Ipswich.

Lots of interesting and inteligent arguments from all sides on this thread, but I think it's time someone pointed out that Dan Harding is a complete twat. Bags of potential and ability but doesn't have the attitude or the bottle to ever really make it. Lynch on the other hand has Premiership written all over him. (Not literally you understand).

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
_wilka_ said:
Lynch is twice the player Harding is. Strong in the tackle, reads the game well and good in the air.

Absolutely spot on. Dan Harding is one if the most overrated players we`ve had in many a year. At best he is no more than ordinary. God only knows how we persuaded Leeds to shell out all that money for him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
harold robbins said:
Absolutely spot on. Dan Harding is one if the most overrated players we`ve had in many a year. At best he is no more than ordinary. God only knows how we persuaded Leeds to shell out all that money for him.

We didn't. A tribunal did.

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
hans kraay fan club said:
We didn't. A tribunal did.

Point taken. I thought at the time we were doing well based on what Leeds orginally offered. The tribunal decision was the icing on the cake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here