Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding

portmanking

Jul 27, 2006
Hello guys, Ipswich fan here. Strong links in the local media suggesting that Dan Harding is going to seal a move to Portman Road in time for the start of the season this Sat.

Would just like to gather opinions on what are his strengths/weaknesses and whether he would fit into our club. Is he primarily a left back or can he also play centre back too?

Any info much appreciated - Cheers! :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Kinky Gerbils said:
People hate him as he left for a bigger club.

He is a good young player with bags of pace.

Who is very much a full-back. Left midfield at a push.

Absolutely not a centre half. Not strong enough and cannot head the ball.

Also very spotty, if that matters.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
he's not desperately popular on here.....

He's relatively solid, but has his lapses in concentration (was known to miss a fair few tackles for us) and as a result was at fault for a fair few of our goals in the season before last. Didn't seem to be handle the pressure at Elland Road with 1000 Albion fans on his back, as all 3 of our goals came from the left...

However, his distribution is good, and he's apparently improved greatly at Leeds. He is fast and can play as a midfielder as well as full back. Have never seen him at centre back. He's young and improving, so will probably be a good signing in time.

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
I think you'll find some differing opinions on here mate.

Some games he was great, other games he made some truely awful mistakes that costs us points. I hope he has got some consistency into his game since he's been at Leeds.

When he was here he verbally agreed to sign a new contract, then his agent got to him and he came back from holiday early to sign for Leeds, so he doesn't show much loyalty either.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Shit footballer.
Lovely hair.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
he's got a nice haircut and walks like a ponse. Cost us big time when he played as he used to make the most basic errors . . . was young though and if he's ridded this from his game , he'll be a decent signing. As mentioned he is not bad getting up the line

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Withdean Wanderer said:
he's not desperately popular on here.....

He's relatively solid, but has his lapses in concentration (was known to miss a fair few tackles for us) and as a result was at fault for a fair few of our goals in the season before last. Didn't seem to be handle the pressure at Elland Road with 1000 Albion fans on his back, as all 3 of our goals came from the left...

However, his distribution is good, and he's apparently improved greatly at Leeds. He is fast and can play as a midfielder as well as full back. Have never seen him at centre back. He's young and improving, so will probably be a good signing in time.

If our goals came from the left wouldnt that mean that it was leeds' right back who was at fault?

Or did you mean they came from the leeds' left?

portmanking

Jul 27, 2006
He's still very young isn't he? So I guess he's still got plenty of time to improve further. Encouraged to hear about his pace, as that's something we dearly lack in our back 4.

Also good that he can play left midfield too, with our smaller squad we certainly need versatility!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not really liked round here due to the way he left us, made alot of mistakes the season before last and cost us a fair few points! As WW said all our 3 goals at Elland road came down that side and he looked awful. But apparently he has improved and if he has stopped making ridiculous mistakes then he will be a good player.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Good player. Imho he is actually a left winger or centre mid as his technique and touch are all very good. I remember seeing his debut as he he took a 40 yard ball down with one touch right on the touchline. Defensively not so great but if he can erradicate the small lapses and get a bit stronger for my money he would be a Prem player.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Portmanking - Are there also rumours that Currie might be moving in the opposite direction, perhaps with Harding as a makeweight?

I would be sad to see Harding move again as we are not entitled to a sell on fee and we would lose out on potentially £200,000 (circa).

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
ali_jenkins123 said:
If our goals came from the left wouldnt that mean that it was leeds' right back who was at fault?

Obviously Leeds left.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
ali_jenkins123 said:

Yes, the Leeds left, our right.

:)

I always thought he was a bit lightweight, but he's got a good throw on him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tends to act like a startled sheep under pressure. None too keen on the physical side of the game - especially when his Leeds team-mate decked him at Cardiff last season. Fond of jogging on alongside the play without ever putting a tackle in. Lovely hair, mind :lol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tom Hark said:
Tends to act like a startled sheep under pressure. None too keen on the physical side of the game - especially when his Leeds team-mate decked him at Cardiff last season. Fond of jogging on alongside the play without ever putting a tackle in. Lovely hair, mind :lol:

Plus he does have the versatility that Portmanking craves. I believe he can wear his parting on the left or the right, as the situation dictates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here