Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dan harding

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Much like Joel Lynch, then...

Regarding lynch I spoke to a forest fan today who said he started off poorly with them but improved as the season went on.

He also reckons he wouldnt be a starter at left back next season as there is someone else (cant remember who he said it was) ahead of him for that position!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Regarding lynch I spoke to a forest fan today who said he started off poorly with them but improved as the season went on.

He also reckons he wouldnt be a starter at left back next season as there is someone else (cant remember who he said it was) ahead of him for that position!

Julian Bennett I assume, a bloody good player who Forest will struggle to keep hold of.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Dan Harding was spoken to today by my step dad who works at the Marina, and he apparently has offers from south and north clubs... so it's about making a decision. He hasn't got an offer from Brighton, though he has specifically contacted Russell Slade who has apparently told him that if he misses out on the left back he wants this week, then he may let Harding have a trial with us for a week.

So, do we believe he's really in demand but wanting to come back here?! :lol: I don't believe he'd turn down a contract offer in order to wait and see if he might offer him something.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Sounds to me that thats exactly what he wants by the sounds of it.
If he has offers and yet STILL contacts RS then Im guessing he wants to come back.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If he has offers and yet STILL contacts RS then Im guessing he wants to come back.

I'll bet he does. But for all the wrong non-footballing reasons. Expect he fancies a nice cushy retirement contract close to home, a la Virgo perhaps? Luckily, seeing as how Mayo seems to have had the door finally slammed in his face once and for all, we don't seem to be quite the soft touch we once were. See ya Dodgy Dan. Close the door behind you on yer way out :wave:

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'll bet he does. But for all the wrong non-footballing reasons. Expect he fancies a nice cushy retirement contract close to home, a la Virgo perhaps? Luckily, seeing as how Mayo seems to have had the door finally slammed in his face once and for all, we don't seem to be quite the soft touch we once were. See ya Dodgy Dan. Close the door behind you on yer way out :wave:

Bit harsh on Virgs, who played well last season once he was put in his natural position...

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi

The animosity you feel to Harding to me seems very harsh. He seems to me to be a good pro whilst not hitting the heights of Leighton Baines he has played for bigger clubs than Brighton (Leeds, Reading and Ipswich) Do you feel the same way about other ex players such as Hammond and Zamora? I would certainly be happy to give him a trial

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The animosity you feel to Harding to me seems very harsh. He seems to me to be a good pro whilst not hitting the heights of Leighton Baines he has played for bigger clubs than Brighton (Leeds, Reading and Ipswich) Do you feel the same way about other ex players such as Hammond and Zamora? I would certainly be happy to give him a trial

Agree with that. There is an odd mentality on this board that seems to pick and chose acceptance of players who leave. Couldn't really blame Harding for going when he did any more than Zamora etc, so why the hatred?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The moral of the story is that no player should ever leave the Albion. Apart from Mark Lawrenson (and even he lost an FA Cup tie at Anfield against us), every player who has ever left us has seen his career go down the pan.

Mickey Robinson? Gareth Barry?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I dont like what harding did and never thought he set the world alight when he was here, but imho when he left we didnt replace him very well and I think the lads been unlucky, as I know for a fact coppell rated him highly and had he not left he would have stayed at reading.

As for coming back here, im not so sure. If he was ever to come back it wouldnt be on a trial basis as he has already proved he is good enough for this division and at a stretch championship level and that is a bit of an insult when we have jokers like el abd in the squad.

Consistancy has always been a problem for harding....but at the end of the day I dont have to like who wears the stripes...time I think some of us just grew up...if he came in and did a job I couldnt care less what he thinks of the fans, the club or how big his ego is...he's paid to do a job...if he does it well...who cares!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here