Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding - time to let it go now....?

Isn't putting off opposition players what fans are meant to do ?

Harding lost it and I thought the crowd did a great job in helping him lose it - first class assist from the Amex methinks.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Seb Carole destroyed Harding in the game at Elland Road, and Will Buckley did likewise on Monday.

Did anyone hear Dean Hammond's interview with BBC Sussex after the game? Hammond might have behaved like an idiot during the game, constantly encouraging the referee to book our players, but he was very gracious and complimentary afterwards, saying that the Amex is a fine stadium and backing Albion to reach the play-offs.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Alot goes on behind the scenes that many don't know about, Not defending him but perhaps just stick to the boo-ing not a personal insults.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We absolutely ruined Harding in the Saints game, he was laughably bad and completely lost his head. Some players don't get affected by crowd abuse or thrive on it. Harding clearly does let it get to him and his bottom lip was wobbling when he was humiliatingly subbed.

Hence I say: carry on everyone, top work :clap:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
He also had a shocker against us whilst he was on-loan at Southend, If it helps to give the Albion an advantage during the game then im all for it.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No. Hammond and Harding hate Brighton. They hate the club and they hate the fans, we merely reciprocate. I'd stop booing Scott McGleish before I stopped booing the terrible twosome. Plus they play for the scum.

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
I just don't get it. Why did he receive more abuse than Hammond , who deserves it far more. I will give him stick forevermore because of his unforgivable
behaviour at Withdean. I couldn't understand why he didn't get more abuse than Harding . Some fans have short memories.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
No. Hammond and Harding hate Brighton. They hate the club and they hate the fans

I bet they're far more focussed on their own game. Football is a job to professionals. Some might support their local club when they're young - it doesn't mean that they'll play for that club ever. John Sullivan was meant to be an Albion fan but was treated harshly by the club.
How do you know that Hammond and Harding, both of whom got plenty of abuse on NSC when they were BHA players, "hate" the club?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I just don't get it. Why did he receive more abuse than Hammond , who deserves it far more. I will give him stick forevermore because of his unforgivable
behaviour at Withdean. I couldn't understand why he didn't get more abuse than Harding . Some fans have short memories.
We did start booing Hammond as well but it was working so much better on Harding. Once he'd been subbed and Lambert went off, we got the upper hand anyway so there was no point in carrying on, enjoying the dominance that we had from that point onwards.
Football needs panto villains.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
How intriguing that this thread was started by someone who spent a fair amount of effort having a goat someone who at the time WAS playing for us.

As for harding. I don't buy the poor payers bit. Hammond was offered enough to be at that time, our highest paid player ever. He got less basic at colchester albeit he got a signing on fee that made the overall package better. Savage got paid less when he finally got a club. And as for Callaghan? Where is he now?

I know Harding feels hard done by. He may have grounds but I know mcghee was the person who felt most let down by harding and his view based on his experience in the game and knowledge of what was happening at Brighton at the time is one I trust.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
No. There are ways to leave a club for bigger and better things/opportunities. See Cook, Zamora, Bennett, Crofts, Cox and more. These players get a good reaction because they had a bit of f***ing respect. Lying to the club/acting like a wanker on your return/going to a rival, you're going to get shit. See Harding, Hammond, Murray.

It's about the level of class you have, you earn a f***ing fortune playing football and it doesn't take a massive amount of effort in return to pay some generic lip service to the fans and not do a fist-pumping victory lap of the pitch if you score when you come back. If you can't do that, you're basically just a bit of a cock, and you deserve all the abuse you get for the hour and a half a season you play your old club.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Is anyone else bored of the Dan Harding abuse every time he plays us? Some things to remember about his - admittedly disappointing - departure....

1. He was about 12 when it happened. Okay, probably closer to 20, but geeez... did you all make wise, mature decisions when you were that age?

2. He had his head turned by a greedy agent.

3. We were notorious around that period for having a pitifully low wage cape (hence the potshots at the club when Hammond, O'Callaghan, Bas Savage left.... amongst others)

4. He left to join an - at the time - far bigger and more ambitious club.

Aside from that, he has taken all the abuse really well, never once reacting (and he would've had reason) and remaining pretty dignified.

Dean Hammond, on the other hand, behaved like an UTTER C*NT despite receiving no abuse whatsoever from the fans before that goal celebration, yet he gets less abuse than Harding. Ridiculous.

He quite clearly hasn't.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
We absolutely ruined Harding in the Saints game, he was laughably bad and completely lost his head. Some players don't get affected by crowd abuse or thrive on it. Harding clearly does let it get to him and his bottom lip was wobbling when he was humiliatingly subbed.

Hence I say: carry on everyone, top work :clap:

Yep, defo this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here