Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding - time to let it go now....?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Is anyone else bored of the Dan Harding abuse every time he plays us? Some things to remember about his - admittedly disappointing - departure....

1. He was about 12 when it happened. Okay, probably closer to 20, but geeez... did you all make wise, mature decisions when you were that age?

2. He had his head turned by a greedy agent.

3. We were notorious around that period for having a pitifully low wage cape (hence the potshots at the club when Hammond, O'Callaghan, Bas Savage left.... amongst others)

4. He left to join an - at the time - far bigger and more ambitious club.

Aside from that, he has taken all the abuse really well, never once reacting (and he would've had reason) and remaining pretty dignified.

Dean Hammond, on the other hand, behaved like an UTTER C*NT despite receiving no abuse whatsoever from the fans before that goal celebration, yet he gets less abuse than Harding. Ridiculous.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
He looked shaken when he was substituted on Monday.

His first game at the Amex was a chastening experience for him.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Wow, he left us for a club he's supported all his life, a club that were in a better position than us as well. People need to get over it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Completely agree Ches. It is always pleasing to see Harding play poorly against us though.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No, it's good fun, and it definitely puts him off his game.

He was slaughtered last Saturday & at the Leeds 3-3 Game!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Never. "Dont worry dick i will sign when i get back from holiday".

*gets back from holiday*

"Dick im signing for Leeds sorry i didnt tell you and all that, bye"

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am pretty sure he goaded Brighton fans at Leeds ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Plus he is CRAP anyway.

Hammond was a cock for celebrating that saints goal at withers but we got 250k for him which was good business.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Wow, he left us for a club he's supported all his life, a club that were in a better position than us as well. People need to get over it.

I perfectly happy to accept that players will want to leave us for better clubs. However, I expect them to act with a certain degree of decorum and common courtesy.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
No he's a cock !!!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
When will people learn, players earn respect and fans treat players accordingly dependant on how they act, in the main.

I give you Dean Hammond, someone who during his time at Colchester was still well respected etc and got a nice warm welcome when he came back with Saints - until THAT celebration. Now look, Hammond Bashing is a well acknowledged and enjoyable game.

Would I have done what Dan Harding did in the circumstances, ie sign for Leeds, probably yes but there are ways and means of going about it. I give you Steve Cook. So on that basis Harding gets what he deserves and I dont think we do need to get over it, there's nothing to get over. Every time we play his team, we'll give him some decent fan medicine, look it seems to help so far.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Players getting a hard time when they go back to a club they left in acrimonious circumstances is fairly par for the course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here