Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dan Harding - Released

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
? If he hasn't been caught out how can he be overplaying? What do you have to base this on, if you've not seen him get done?

I completely accept the argument that we were in a higher division, one of the weaker teams in it, and the defence was stretched most of the time. All the more bloody reason to get rid of the effing ball when you're under pressure.

I have seen him lose the ball a couple of times when trying to overplay in unneccessary areas, or trying to take on a winger in our own half. What I mean is it hasn't led to a goal yet, which is what Harding got slated for. Have you not seen him trying to twist and turn an opposition player when level with our 18 yard box? Admittedly so far though it has mostly been successful.

I like it that McNulty has confidence to get the ball down and play, as we all want to see the players doing that at Withdean. What I'm getting at is that the 'overplaying' argument cannot only be levelled at Dan Harding, and it's not always a bad thing when a young player wants to do that, it's just doing it in the right areas.

I think Harding is a good left back and from the number of times I have seen him on TV recently, he seems to have eradicated some of the silly mistakes from his game. As I said above, he is too good for us at the moment and will go to the Campionship.

Hova Seagull

Feb 18, 2009
Hove
It's all a moot point. 1) Harding will go to a championship club 2) We don't need a first choice LB (and none of this 'he'd be good as backup' nonsense. The man's just finished the season as first choice LB for the team that lost in the Championship playoffs; he's not going to a L1 side as reserve).

exactly.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I'll accept your argument HP, with the proviso that I suspect that McNulty simply knows better than Harding did when he can and when he can't play his way out of trouble. If you've seen Harding recently (I can't say I have) I'm very happy to accept that he's ironed that out of his game. As you say, he's more likely to go to a Championship side, I couldn't see him coming back here anyway given the circumstances of his departure and it being a division drop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here